Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What have you created?

banned_crabbanned_crab Veteran
edited December 2013 in General Banter
We all posses a creative power of thought and vivid visualization. It is said that pure concentrated thought can help manifest conditions that your heart desires. An example of this is deep concentration in your prayer. If you are skilled at anything than you likely used this power before. These creative manifestations come most commonly in the form of art`s.

I am curious as to what art`s you have fed your harmonious thought to.
horsebones

Comments

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran
    If you consider the quantum nature of existence, *I* have created everything I see, hear, smell, taste and screw up. Every thought, feeling, impression, conception and conclusion.

Which blatantly underscores @Jayantha's most truthful truth, above.

Gassho :)
    riverflowanataman
  • I create music :)
    Dandelion
  • Woah93 said:

I create music :)

Nice, man! I create the odd piece of music too, but more just messing on guitar. Here's an effort of mine...

Woah93horsebones
  • Nice vibe in that one, very original :)
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    see how masterful this ego i've created is, it even gets excited by praise and blame, in the form of little smiley faces or hearts people put on your post.

3 laughs a smile and a heart, lets get more the ego says!

my ego likes it when people approve of my works, and does not like it when people do not show their approval.

I've created poetry and short stories and even worked on a fantasy novel for a number of years, all fairly good stuff or so i'm told, however none compares with this ego, my grand opus!
    lobsteranatamanEvenThird
  • Jayantha said:

see how masterful this ego i've created is, it even gets excited by praise and blame, in the form of little smiley faces or hearts people put on your post.

3 laughs a smile and a heart, lets get more the ego says!

my ego likes it when people approve of my works, and does not like it when people do not show their approval.

I've created poetry and short stories and even worked on a fantasy novel for a number of years, all fairly good stuff or so i'm told, however none compares with this ego, my grand opus!

Curious perspective. I love the music 'I' write, and I love it when it is enjoyed and praised, but I think that is more because I feel like a conduit than a source. Music flows through me, not from me, so I feel like as much of an audience as anyone else would, and when it is praised I enjoy that because I think all creation should be enjoyed and praised. It's a wonder that anything exists, let alone the arts. If beautiful pieces of creation are manifested through your being then this is a cause for celebration, just so long as you don't mistake yourself for the architect!
  • Absolutely nothing!

Like, not even a decent ego. it never stands up to the inspection of others, or even myself.

haha... ha... but you know what? that does not even bother me. all I want to do is work on motor vehicles and ride motorcycles. I could not care less if I have really created anything.
    MaryAnnelobsterHamsaka
  • Zayl said:

all I want to do is work on motor vehicles and ride motorcycles. I could not care less if I have really created anything.

Sounds creative. Sounds like a plan. My sort of mechanic . . .
    Ride on.

:thumbsup:

Zayl
  • @lobster That thing is crazy! I'd never be able ti ride it... I'd be too afraid of damaging it! I think I'd just park it right in my living room or something, haha.
    lobster
  • What have you created?

Three lives that will enrich the world in their own unique ways....
    riverflowDandelionlobster
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    There is a brilliant book called 'FLOW' by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mihaly_Csikszentmihalyi - it has a very Buddhist feel to it I.M.O. FLOW talks about completely immersing oneself in the moment. A great read for anyone, whether you consider yourself to be creative or not. I tend to think we are all creative - I think it's something that is in each of us and can be expressed in a variety of ways, not just the more 'standard' forms of expression such as playing a musical instrument or making paintings.. creativity is much more than that.

'The Artists Way' by Julia Cameron is another brilliant book/course (which you do either by yourself or in a group, and whether doing it solo or in a group setting you do the course simply by following the book) and again would seem to be in sync with Buddhism I.M.O. http://juliacameronlive.com/the-artists-way/

I like painting about poems, sometimes I write my own then make a painting to go with it. The image I have attached is a painting about the following excerpt from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Act 3 Scene 2:

"And, when he shall die,
    Take him and cut him out in little stars,
    And he will make the face of heaven so fine
    That all the world will be in love with night
    And pay no worship to the garish sun"

It's got tiny painted stars and tiny hand sewn scraps of fabrics!

It's not just harmonious thoughts that can be used positively for creativity though either. I think art therapy is just fantastic. I did a bit of that when I had counselling a few years back. I made a 'horror head', a great big blood boiling scary red head... it looked pretty horrific, but it made me feel better just to make some art to express the difficult emotions I was feeling at the time. In those moments, creativity isn't about working towards a polished image for sale, or exhibition, it's just cathartic and releases important things. Then you can begin to let go. Maybe those kinds of art are the more genuine, and ego-less.

@Jayantha I honestly don't mind if people don't like my creative work, that part got beaten out of me when I did my degree haha! Of course it's nice if they do, especially if they then buy it lol (I would love to be able to pack in my part time job and paint full time you see ;) ) And, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of praise every now and then, and so enjoy those emoticons; zee middle way!

I think of any art piece as a starting point for getting to know someone a little better, even someone you have known for years - of course this includes music, cookery, crafts.. etc. Sometimes people are surprised at what they like, sometimes what other people like surprises me. It's fascinating - like pulling a really good Christmas cracker.

How many people are existing in the world that get up, barely have time to eat a breakfast, go to work, come home, eat a ready meal then flop into bed in a tired heap and start it all again the next day. It makes me feel quite sad - I doubt the opening post would resonate with people living like that. But having said that, for all I know, they might be quite happy as things are.

Ahhh.. soo much to say, and so little time.....

@MaryAnne I remember reading a quote from Damien Hirst once (I'm not a massive fan of all of his work, but the following really struck a chord with me. I have always remembered it, probably because I think it is true) 'The most creative thing a person can ever do is have a child'.

@mindatrisk creativity is a good vessel for our Karmic fruits, perhaps!

Lovely thread :)

lobsterHamsakaJeffrey
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Woah93 said:

I like it! Thanks for taking the time to make it!

Woah93
  • Thank you for taking the time to listen :)
  • Woah93 said:

Very professional :)

I don't know if you can call this music, but here goes:
  • @Dandelion.

Wonderful. I just created and lost a post about awarding oneself stars as a practice. Your post made up for my loss. As I am a visually orientated person, I loved your provided image. It is now my wallpaper. What energy you guys have. Thank you for sharing your music, art and other children with the world . . .

Eh Ma Ho! :bowdown:
    Dandelion
  • How do I share a photo? Photobucket doesn't give codes anymore.
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    @. Dandelion - the painting looks beautiful!

I just made an enormous flannelette quilt for my son and his wife. Gave it to them for Xmas.
    JeffreylobsterMaryAnneDandelion
  • Jeffrey said:

How do I share a photo? Photobucket doesn't give codes anymore.

Attach a file (under the text input box on the left) 'choose a file' should then appear . . .

for example:

• Bodhidharma (I was into Suzuki once) meditating..
  • Flowers and friends...
  • Papillon Sam

(all my pictures are done with 2 dollar cake paint tray from Michaels)
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2013
    I have created home brew. Here is a tasting. I quit brewing in fall 2011.

A barleywine (strength of wine and sweeter because fermented grain is different from grapes), cocoa wheat, muscavado sugar brown ale, and a high hops Imperial Pale Ale.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2013
    Jeffrey said:

Bodhidharma (I was into Suzuki once) meditating..

I tend to think we are all creative
    I haz new wallpaper . . .

JeffreyMaryAnne
  • I create entire worlds of wonder. The Weaving
    robot
  • Jeffrey said:

I have created home brew. Here is a tasting. I quit brewing in fall 2011.

A barleywine (strength of wine and sweeter because fermented grain is different from grapes), cocoa wheat, muscavado sugar brown ale, and a high hops Imperial Pale Ale.

Brewing is a neglected and underappreciated artform. When I was stationed in England and living in local flats, my upstairs neighbors were good friends and into brewing home wine and beer. It was the first and only time I actually tasted dandelion wine.
    Jeffrey
  • lobster said:

Jeffrey said:

How do I share a photo? Photobucket doesn't give codes anymore.

Attach a file (under the text input box on the left) 'choose a file' should then appear . . .

for example:

Aha! I'd also wondered how to put an image on the post, since the add image button insists on the image being on a website somewhere instead of my computer. So here's the cover for my latest book. Tada!

Jeffrey
  • If you select "insert image" on the uploaded image it will appear full size. Then I think you can delete the thumbnail image but I'm not certain how.
  • My boy woke up and asked me what I'm doing. I showed him the image of my book on this website and he said "You need to make the book bigger. They can't read it if it's that small."

I told him that was a great idea, thanked him for pointing that out, and that I'd make it bigger for people.
    lobsterMaryAnne
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    I created a smile on my nieces face when I gave her a piggy back ride. She's six and she loves piggy back rides. :D
    lobsterJeffreyDandelionMaryAnne
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I think I only create when I'm sleeping... I do enjoy the landscapes even if nobody else can.
    DandelionMaryAnne
  • We all posses a creative power of thought and vivid visualization. It is said that pure concentrated thought can help manifest conditions that your heart desires. An example of this is deep concentration in your prayer. If you are skilled at anything than you likely used this power before. These creative manifestations come most commonly in the form of art`s.

I am curious as to what art`s you have fed your harmonious thought to.

I haven't fed anything to my thoughts. It got hungrier as I fed it the last time. So greedy!
    Dandelion