Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Recurring people in dreams?

For a few years now, occasionally I will occasionally have the same person come into my dreams. She always appears as a woman, I'd say mid twenties, tan skin, black hair, brown eyes, in a simple white dress. She has even appeared in a few of my lucid dreams, and unlike any other creature or person in my lucid dreams, I am incapable of dictating her actions, nor can I see her thoughts or predict what she will say or do. When she appears, I only feel a gentle peace, even if I was in the midst of a terrible nightmare.

She acts very matronly and calm. She is kind and patient, and I have no idea what her name might be. I feel no sexual attraction with her either, far from it. I've had dreams that felt like they went on forever where I spent my time with my head in her lap, dozing (sleeping in a dream? is that normal?)

It also seems like she comes to me during very difficult times in my life. Where in my dreams she will take my hand and start pulling me along. She hardly speaks, but when she does it is generally the same few phrases. Such as "You have to go" or "please keep walking" or "choose your direction" or she will ask me how I have been doing, or what I am thinking. Unlike other beings I meet in my dreams she also seems incapable of just knowing what I have on my mind.

I have come to accept her as a sentient being, separate from myself, even though the rational part of me is aware she must be a manifestation of some part of my sub-conscious or something, that helps me figure out what I try to need to do with my life when things get tough. Or helps calm me down or raise my mood when I am depressed and feeling defeated at life. Despite that, as I said earlier, I cannot divine anything about her or direct her actions during my lucid dreams, which are things I can do with anything else in those dreams. I also cannot call her at will, it's like she has a mind of her own. When she's around I am able to experience all five senses as well. I cal feel her touch, I can smell the flower in her hair, etc.

So does anyone else have a recurring being in their dreams, that does not exactly seem like they are a part of the dream itself? I don't feel weirded out or anything, in fact I quite enjoy her company when she decides to show up.

Comments

• As long as she is benevolent I think that it is good. I have never had that happen to me. Maybe she is a dakini or a deva?
    EvenThird
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    Sounds like she could be helpful.

The only recurring people that I get in my dreams are people I know. My ex husband shows up regularly, which is rather annoying...
  • She could be your spirit guide, or an angel.
    In any case, aren't you glad someone is there to watch over you?
    MaryAnne
  • My best 'quess' is that this person in your dream, (male or female, it doesn't matter) is, in reality, a "part of you".
    She is most likely some aspect of your mind/ego, desires/wishes or personality. Which is it? Only you can get the real answer to that....

With dreams, probably 8 out of 10 times the answers to the questions dreams bring to us are to be found inside our own head/experiences/reality.
    Dreams are, after all, our own subconscious trying to tell/show/warn us about something.

• I looked up "Woman In White in a Dream" in Google and there are a few interesting suggestions.

One Islamic explanation is:

Woman Dream Explanation — (Beads; Garden; Glass; Pearls; Ribs; Silver; World) A beautiful looking woman in a dream represents a year of comfort, peace and prosperity. A woman in a dream also represents a coffer, one's store, or his hiding place. A woman in a dream also represents the earth, the world or a graveyard, for one returns to it after that he comes out of it. A woman in a dream also represents a prison, a confidant, a tree, a well, an inkwell, a house, or a partner who shares wealth and pleasure with the husband. Seeing a beautiful woman entering one's house in a dream means joy and happiness, money that will not last, or the reversal of one's condition from harsh to amiable. A fat woman in a dream represents a prosperous year. Seeing an unknown woman in a dream has better connotations than seeing a woman one knows. A young woman in a dream represents an enemy. An old woman in a dream represents the world. If one sees his wife looking like a man in a dream, she then represents his grandfather, or she could represent prosperity for that family. If one sees his wife carrying him in a dream, it means that he may fall sick, or perhaps that he may become rich. Seeing a female of unknown species in a dream means loss of money. If one sees his wife getting married to someone else in a dream, it means that he may deviate from Allah's path, then repent for his sin. A woman in a dream also represents wealth, the world, a farm, pleasures or authority, for a wife governs the needs of her husband and controls his life in one way or another. If a woman sees her crown stolen in a dream, it means the death of her husband. If a woman sees her head shaved in a dream, it means divorce, or it could mean the death of her husband. (Also see Belt; Crown; Glass bottle; Glass; Gray hair; Ribs; Silver; Vat; Women)
  • cvaluecvalue Veteran
    edited December 2013
    I have recurring dreams about snakes. They are different each time but there are 2 common things: a snake and I was very frightened. My most recent dream was a big white snake that advanced slowly toward me, I was at the same height with the big snake and its head was closed to my head and it gets closer and closer. My back touched a wall so I couldn't escape. Soon its head will touch my head. I screamed so loud that my husband must wake me up.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited December 2013
    @MaryAnne Oh yeah I know that, all the same I can't help but think of her as her own person, strangely enough.

@Barra Ha, oh wow, sorry to hear that. Yeah I'm sure that gets very annoying.

@Cvalue Hmm, sorry to hear that you have regularly occurring bad dreams. If you can't get them to stop, maybe you could get over your fear of snakes? I used to be scared of them too until I started to handle a few pet snakes at the store as well as one my friend had. None of them were venomous or large enough to constrict me, so I knew the very worst that could happen was a bite that resulted in a minor cut, if that. After I spent some time with them I realized they act the same as many other reptiles and animals, and I no longer had any issue with them.

In fact I kept one as a pet for about a week before letting it go. It was a very, very small green snake that was very docile and easy to feed that I had found in a bush. And when I'd pick it up it'd wrap itself around my wrist and just stay there, for hours if it had too, never once bit me or acted aggressive (then again it was under six inches long)
  • Wow! you are brave @Zayl
  • She could be your spirit guide, or an angel.
    That would be my guess too, although I don't like to take on absolute beliefs.