Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Background colors for NB site

MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
edited December 2013 in NewBuddhist.com
@Lincoln
Is there any way to change the background color(s) for the site?
Right now it's an odd yellow-ish gold-y kind of color. Not exactly easy on the eyes.
Any chance we can get a nice Christmas green, or wintery blue color - and maybe change it every season, or every couple of months or so?

Just askin'..... I'm one of those people that rearranges furniture, changes colors of things, redoes things several times a year. Drives most people I know crazy- but keeps things 'fresh'. :D

BTW- LOVE the snow flurry effects!!

Comments

• Or could we each select our own colors, like themes? I's pick white letters on a dark blue background, but I think most other people wouldn't.

Also, I'd duplicate the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page, so when I read the last post in a thread I can go right back to the page I was on.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    We must be bored.
    MaryAnne
  • I think the idea was that the color scheme is maroon and saffron. Does that ring a bell?
    vinlynThailandTom
  • I like the snowfall. I've got about 8 inches on my computer :)
    howMaryAnneThailandTom
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    Steve_B said:

Also, I'd duplicate the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page, so when I read the last post in a thread I can go right back to the page I was on.

this is a HUGE one for me..
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    @lincoln, could the bottom breadcrumbs include the recent discussions breadcrumb? I would appreciate this also, a lot. THX in advance.
  • Uh-oh... what have I started??? LOL
    riverflow
    I would like little Thai Buddhist devas floating around over the yellow background. Of course they have to glow with gold and silver coloring.
    riverflow
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    vinlyn said:

I would like little Thai Buddhist devas floating around over the yellow background. Of course they have to glow with gold and silver coloring.

I like the translucent blue Devas myself..
    I could go for that!
  • ....all you christmas troublemakers! :p
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    Whose Idea was the snow on the discussion page screen? Nice!
  • Al Gore's
    how
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    @lincoln, thank you for the snow, Florida did not get any that I am aware of, and definitely none as far south as I am.
    :)
  • love the snow - thought my eyes were going funny at first
  • I would like little Thai Buddhist devas floating around over the yellow background. Of course they have to glow with gold and silver coloring.
    @vinlyn, they have been there all the time, you never noticed?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    This thread is going to look stupid in July......
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2013
    The additional pager & breadcrumb may be added. I did that on Icrontic a long time ago and never thought to do it here.

I may make a few selectable themes at some point. I was thinking of making a paid membership option of a few dollars a month that would give you some "extras" like that - stuff that isn't necessary but is nice for those who want to support the site.

I probably won't change the default color scheme. We had a designer do this general color scheme back in 2003 (re-adapted for Vanilla but still using the same background pattern and logo) and I'm still amazed I have a site in yellow that looks good. Our other two sites are blue and red, so each primary color is represented. It makes my inner geek very happy :D
    federicaVastmindvinlyn
  • Other sites? Are they secret?
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    @MaryAnne I would be pretty bad at keeping secrets if I casually mentioned them and they were, no? :p Icrontic.com is blue (geek stuff & gaming) and intoDetroit.com is red (our adventures moving into & enjoying Detroit). All three are owned by @Brian and I.
    MaryAnne
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited December 2013
    Oh, ok..I knew about Icrontic (I go there to look at the dude thread) lololololol
    but didn't know about the other ...., I'll have to check it out...
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    How about a button that will give us instant enlightenment!? :D
    maarten said:

No, all I see is the floating images of Stephen Batchelor.

maarten
  • GuiGui Veteran
    vinlyn said:

maarten said:

No, all I see is the floating images of Stephen Batchelor.

Now That is Funny !
    vinlyn