Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jackson Peterson on Meditation

Jackson Peterson speaks on meditation. I really felt I had a game plan outlines for me by reading these lines. It is creating hope in me; I can feel it.
Jackson Peterson
I noticed often when just sitting in mindful, aware meditation for very long periods of time, like three hours at a stretch, just observing without avoiding, following or engaging, all these thoughts, stories and emotions come and go, come and go. Eventually there seems to be no owner to any of it rather it just seems like meaningless brain chatter. It finally runs its course and a great stillness arises. The mind becomes crystal clear and the emotional tone becomes serene and content for no reason. Leaving the mind as it presents itself without judgment, it relaxes on its own. I guess all the "important" beliefs and self-image stories are really all just empty conditioning exhausting their agitation naturally. When the sediment swirling in a jar of water slows down and settles naturally to the bottom, we find the crystal clear clarity of the water. I think this is interesting on how the nervous system and brain can relax into a calm state of equilibrium when truly left alone.
cvalueStraight_ManCinorjerzenff