Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sleding and temperature.

Have you ever sped down a hill in the snow on a sled? I am trying to find a different date idea. The problem with sledding is that I am no longer a 10 year old who doesn't feel the cold. Would the snow be good enough if the temp gets into high 20s later this year?

Comments

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    For sledding you want snow that's packed. It also helps if the snow carries a lot of moisture. The closer the snow is to ice the faster the sled will be.

Air temps won't matter that much.

Another thing is if your sled has steel runners make sure they have all the rust and powder coating is removed. Teflon lubricant helps too.
    Jeffrey
  • For what it's worth- one of my first dates with one woman was sledding on cafeteria trays. That woman is now my wife of 28 years.
    MaryAnneEvenThirdJeffrey