Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Best Guided Meditation On-Line

I found the guided meditation provided on Tara Brach's web site to be the best I have ever tried. Are there some other sites that people have found that are good?
anataman

Comments

• Agreed. The one I tried was excellent.
    http://www.tarabrach.com/audioarchives-guided-meditations.html

Here are some relaxing sounds . . ..
    http://www.noisli.com/
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    Oh yes my friend so happy you ask!

listen to... Jack Kornfield

and long ago a great dharma friend introduced me to the cornocopia of wonderful teachings at dharmaseed.org

what topics interest you most currently? i have been searching for a guided metta meditation of high and equanimous quality if you happen to know of any.. :D

anataman
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran
    I also get great mini meditations from Tara Brach. I have an audiobook of hers that has maybe ten different meditations (some emphasize 'presence', others metta, tonglen). Tara Brach was my first 'teacher' so to speak, the first Buddhist audiobook I downloaded and listened to in that blessed time when I made the commitment to serious practice (read: I committed to serious practice or . . . . else :( )

I listened to an online guided meditation by Ayya Khema called "the Body" and it was about unzipping your body and taking out all of your organs, muscles, vessels, bones, etc etc, and lying them neatly in rows or however you want to organize them. I thought it was great, and I was feeling ALL this metta toward my internals, grateful for their hard work in spite of my sometimes poor diet and exercise habits and then BAM, the point of the meditation as intended by Ayya hit me -- she asked "do you feel attached to your organs and tissues, neutral or like you could care less about them?" I felt quite attached to mine, thank you. And very protective of them as Ayya continued to talk about them being piles of stuff and how good it is to be rid of them. It's a great meditation, for a different mood or time in my life perhaps :buck:

This is a great thread and I'll be watching it for more ideas.

Sharon Salzberg is a brilliant teacher but I can't get past her VOICE. Completely my own problem. I wish I could find HER teachings read by another voice :( but I'm not taking that too seriously.

It took a while to get used to Jack Kornfield's voice, too, but stick with it, Kornfield's meditations and audio teachings are powerful.

Thanissaro Bikkhu has a beautiful voice and has teachings that have made my meditation practice take off like a rocket.

There's more, but that's enough for now :)

Gassho :)
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    This is worth a look to get an overview:
    http://www.wildmind.org/meditation
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    www.unfetteredmind.org looks promising :) yay for discoveries
  • I would like to try the course offered at Vipassana.org, but not seriously thinking. Would like to more about it though.