Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Blessed On The Road

I thought I had seen pretty much all there was to see with regards to bizarre and outrageous things here in Thailand, but today proved me wrong.

I was riding my motorbike coming back from the immigration office with my girlfriend and we came to a road which runs parallel to a train track close to the train station, quite a busy road with only 1 lane in each direction. I saw this pickup truck ahead of me and thought, 'this is going to hold us up a bit'. When I got closer I saw that motorbikes were following the slow moving truck, maybe about 5-6 bikes and then I saw the monk sat in the back. He was throwing water at people from the truck in the way monks do to bless things or people. People would get splashed with a little bit of water and then ride off with people waiting behind them, my girlfriend insisted that we got a little wet and so I had to wait a little for this monk to throw some water on us and then I overtook it.

Just thought I would share this as I have never encountered such a thing before :lol: The monk is giving back to the people I guess, but that can cause an accident quite easily especially as that road does not follow the train track for very long and has corners etc.
robotBunks