Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Cave Temple photos

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited February 2014 in Sanghas
seanTheEccentriccvalueInvincible_summerDobs

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Yes. I've been to the Khao Luang Caves.

I personally enjoyed the Phraya Nakhon Cave most. That pic is actually of a royal pavilion that belonged to King Mongkut. You know Mongkut -- the King in "The King And I" (although that portrayal of him was very inaccurate). He actually went to that cave quite a few times -- reportedly one of his favorite places of meditation. It's not easy, you have to either take a boat to get to that point on the coast, and then wade ashore (it's not a long boat trip, though) or hike a rather rough trail up over a small mountain. Then, from the beach you have to hike/"almost" rock climb up to the cave entrances. I doubt I could do it anymore.

Virtually every known cave in Thailand has Buddhist imagery in it. Rarely paintings, usually fairly typical Buddha statues. Oh, and lots of guano in some!
    VastmindTheEccentricBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I could happily move into one of those right now.... I wouldn't take up much room... if Tenzin palmo can exist for 15 years in a cave 10ft wide by 6ft deep, I'm sure they won't notice me in my little corner....
    VastmindInvincible_summer