Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Trikaya - with a sense of humour

anatamananataman Who needs a title?Where am I? Veteran
edited March 2014 in Sanghas

The Trikaya is a mahayana buddhist doctrine that proposes that each Buddha has three bodies:

The dharmakaya - Buddha in his/her transcendent form (the ultimate truth): e.g. compassionate empty awareness.

The sambogakaya - Buddha's body of bliss, or enjoyment body, enjoying the truth they embody.

The nirmanakaya - Buddhas earthly body - presumably you all have the body of a human being, so we know what that means right.

I want to explore this middle Kaya and would like to view your view of the sambogakaya.

Now since we all have buddha nature and are or will become buddhas, would anyone like to comment on the following:

What truth would you like to represent that would bring you eternal bliss and enjoyment, and how would you embody it.

It's just for fun remember... But if your sambogakaya is going to represent some heavy duty truth, feel free to let your hair down and hit us with it!

Comments

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    edited March 2014

I take the samboghakaya very seriously.

When I finally achieve it, it will be so far into the future, to speculate on it is foolish, but then foolish can be funny so y'all can get down with it.

I guess the truth I want embody is the truth of DERD. I have 5 arms because DERD exists sans symetry and each hand will wield zircon encrusted tweezers to pluck the nose hairs out of beings stuck in the nirmanakaya. I will be surrounded by the 5 syllable Old McDonald Mantra, E I E I O. My mandala will be the layout of an IKEA store. My Pure Land will be found in Cranston Wisconsin. My wrathfull aspect will be urinating on a pile of desicated Snickers bars....

lobsteranataman
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited March 2014

It's just for fun remember...

Since we are all doomed from the get-go, I will choose to embody ....

******CHOCOLATE and MAYONNAISE******

(not necessarily mixed ... Buddhists don't do mixtures, right?)

[I tried to boldface chocolate and mayonnaise, but couldn't see it in preview or printed format either]]

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2014

Dhyanas sound very tempting. How about pleasure free from craving? Of course I could embody morning coffee. Such a glorious thing.

Chazanataman
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

@Chaz said:
    I take the samboghakaya very seriously.

When I finally achieve it, it will be so far into the future, to speculate on it is foolish, but then foolish can be funny so y'all can get down with it.

I guess the truth I want embody is the truth of DERD. I have 5 arms because DERD exists sans symetry and each hand will wield zircon encrusted tweezers to pluck the nose hairs out of beings stuck in the nirmanakaya. I will be surrounded by the 5 syllable Old McDonald Mantra, E I E I O. My mandala will be the layout of an IKEA store. My Pure Land will be found in Cranston Wisconsin. My wrathfull aspect will be urinating on a pile of desicated Snickers bars....

I wasn't sure what you'd be like embodying truth and enjoying it, but that would make a visually stimulating Thangka that might turn a Westerner's head and blank them out!

Thumbs Up!

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    Dhyanas sound very tempting. How about pleasure free from craving? Of course I could embody morning coffee. Such a glorious thing.

I like that one @Jeffrey - wake up in the realm of bliss and who greets you - your morning coffee! I'll have a double espresso skinny cappuccino, every day, @Chaz can provide the furniture. @genkaku I'll gladly take a sprinkling of your chocolate, but don't want it contaminated with your mayonnaise, you enjoy that one by yourself!