Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Milarepa's Songs (60 of em)

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

This month is the first month of the Tibetan New Year (Year of the wood Horse)

Later this month, on March 15th, Milarepa's anniversary is celebrated. As i will be in retreat then, i thought i'd share this now. May these songs inspire your mind and enlighten your heart

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/60songs.pdf

EvenThird

Comments

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

blah self-cherishing is the Worst!!!

just hopeful (@Federica i know your least favorite word that is, but in trying to express the aspirations i find it helpful).. hopeful that these beautiful beautiful songs by a great master truly help inspire more people to practice and sincere pursuit of the breath of the dharma.

clean the mirror of your mind well with copassion.. truly see the myriad sufferings of beings and how they are our own as well. really open up to how things are and weep

and simply rest in the experience of breathing

Chaz
  • CittaCitta Veteran

Thank you @sova.

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    edited March 2014

@sova said:
    This month is the first month of the Tibetan New Year (Year of the wood Horse)

Later this month, on March 15th, Milarepa's anniversary is celebrated. As i will be in retreat then, i thought i'd share this now. May these songs inspire your mind and enlighten your heart

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/60songs.pdf

Take some songs with you on retreat and make uo melodies for them.

My sangha sing Milarepa's songs as a regular part of our group practice. Wonderful!

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

how lovely! singing is truly great! thank you for your words. sang a few of his songs while on retreat and lovingly basked in the moonlight. :)

Chaz