Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

When the chocolate runs out .......

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited April 2014 in Arts & Writings

My new little favorite, go-to, read anywhere, book is....... When the Chocolate Runs Out by Lama Yeshe.

If anyone here has read it, I would love a conversation about it.....

It's such an easy read with almost bullet like points but concise explanations.....It's definitely one of my favorite things right now. :)

http://www.amazon.com/When-Chocolate-Runs-Thubten-Yeshe/dp/0861712692

Citta

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran

Looks like a sweet read.

• CittaCitta Veteran

@Vastmind said:
    My new little favorite, go-to, read anywhere, book is....... When the Chocolate Runs Out by Lama Yeshe.

If anyone here has read it, I would love a conversation about it.....

It's such an easy read with almost bullet like points but concise explanations.....It's definitely one of my favorite things right now. :)

http://www.amazon.com/When-Chocolate-Runs-Thubten-Yeshe/dp/0861712692

He was a lovely teacher...there are videos of him and his humour and personality shines through.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2014

For sure. His teaching shines off the pages.....I'll have to check some of his videos out.

Chocolate brownie? I made them last night......... (reaches out to hand you one )

• CittaCitta Veteran

Thank you kemosabe...yum.

Vastmind
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran

Generally speaking, when the chocolate runs out one can go to the store for more, or perhaps get fruit instead. Call this CrAY-z wisdom. :p

Bumped. From the book...

pg 53....Qualities of the Mind....

Right Intention....

Helpful guide and focus:

For the rest of my life, it is my responsibility to grow in mindfulness and happiness. Each day I will expand in loving kindness I already have, and each morning I will open my wisdom-eye to see more and more deeply into the inner universal reality.

I take responsibility for my life and dedicate it to others by growing strong in loving kindness and wisdom. I will serve others as much as possible.

The principle concern of Buddhism is the mind.

lobster
  • @Vastmind said:
    Bumped. From the book...

pg 53....Qualities of the Mind....

Right Intention....

Helpful guide and focus:

For the rest of my life, it is my responsibility to grow in mindfulness and happiness. Each day I will expand in loving kindness I already have, and each morning I will open my wisdom-eye to see more and more deeply into the inner universal reality.

I take responsibility for my life and dedicate it to others by growing strong in loving kindness and wisdom. I will serve others as much as possible.

The principle concern of Buddhism is the mind.

I wish i could find the book but I cant

Where did you look?