Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

how do I write Happy Birthday?

Please Could anyone tell me how to write, Happy Birthday, in a birthday card, for my very good friend, he studies Buddhism

Comments

• misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran

don't say anything regarding Buddhism - just say 'wish you a very happy birthday'.

Invincible_summer
  • Don't try to get deep and contemplative with it. A friendly well-wishing will do. (Assuming your friend doesn't take himself too seriously, haha)

• Happy Birthday or any message you would normally write sounds OK . . .

vinlynInvincible_summerkarastiVastmind
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Were you looking to write it in another language? Or just a more special Buddhist-type birthday message? I like @lobster's :) but any normal birthday message will do, too, as others said above.

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited April 2014

I'd imagine @Oscardog means either Pali or Sanskrit. Sooo not only would someone here need to know how to write "Happy Birthday" in one of those languages, but @Oscardog's friend would need to know the language too (studying Buddhism doesn't mean knowing either one, unless it's part of monk/nun training or you happen to be incredibly bored).

Using online tools...

I got this for Sanskrit:

हप्प्य बिर्थ्द्य

And this for Pali (less sure):

Sukhita Jātadivasa

• Write what comes to your heart.