Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New Smiley

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited June 2007 in NewBuddhist.com
:om:

Meditate! Levitate!

:)

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Cute.

I'm diggin' that one.

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Hi Brian, Nice one!

I've seen a smiley elsewhere that has a hand sliding up and down in a to and fro movement, just wondering if you could find and include that one-sometimes I feel that it would be appropriate....

present company excepted, of course

cheers
    X
  • edited November 2006
    :om: I love it!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited April 2007
    I can't believe there's no Union Jack or Tricolor smiley. Before you put a Kentucky or Republic of California flag up, do conmsider the American Anglophiles and Francophiles, of which I claim to be a member.

And What about ASHOKA, for that matter? And what about ASHOKA, for that matter? And what about ASHOKA, for that matter? And what about ASHOKA, for that matter? And what about ASHOKA, for that matter? And what about ASHOKA, for that matter? And what about ASHOKA, for that matter?

REspectfully submitted,

Weneed More Flagsmileys.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Dearest Nirvana,

:ukflag:

Love,
    Boo
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2007
    what about the world-renowned Buddhist flag?
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2007
    or the rainbow gay flag?

okay maybe -this is gettin out of hand.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    I like the Aussie flag. I think it's particularly beautiful with all that dark blue. It's like looking up at the stars on a warm, clear night.

:ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag:

See? Isn't it lovely?
    edited April 2007
    Hey Brigid!

Thanks for bringing the Union Jack back, mac!

I thought I'd seen it here before, but either my old clunker of a Mac had this ill-mannered and ill-tempered conspiracy to hide it from me or you have resurrected it. May a thousand Buddhas bless you and attend you!

:ukflag:

BTW, I agree that the Australian flag is awesome. :ausflag: I hear that they're absolutely the world's friendliest people.

:ausflag: :ausflag:

:ausflag:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2007
    ...has anyone had problems logging on today? As far as my server has been concerned, the site has been down, but hey! It could just be the Transatlantic connection....!
    edited April 2007
    Nothing but trouble, Federica. I don't know about the people in Costa Rica, but I had lots of pop-ups saying the administratores were being sent e-mails for the many troubles I was having posting and even reading pms.

Palzang had some loopy things happening to his posts on the Some Gripes about Drugs thread. I posted this question there, too.

:ukflag: :ausflag: :tricolor: :ukflag: :federicaflag:

5:17 p.m. EST USA EDIT: I just got another message kinda like a popup when I clicked on another thread (Latest entry by Colleen) —now it's vanished. Also saw that Palzang's name was last entry afetr mine on Some Gripes about Drugs thread. Then it vanished when I clicked on it.

STRANGE HAPPENINGS!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2007
    The site is haunted! Now, where did I put my exorcism kit?

Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2007
    mm aussie flag...

let me put it this way.

I'd love to remove the union jack and perhaps replace it with the aboriginal flag (highly controversial though) or even the eureka rebellion flag-that would mean something again see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Flag
    edited April 2007
    federica wrote:
    ...has anyone had problems logging on today? As far as my server has been concerned, the site has been down, but hey! It could just be the Transatlantic connection....!

Well, Federica, as long as YOU brought it up in this thread, yes.

Today, and today only, I've been discovering that quite often I have to go to the individual forums to open a thread. I cannot open it from the main Buddhism discussion forum page without getting the message attached below.

Also, in many case, such as The troubles and all that ails thee corkboard, when you go to the individual forum, the last entry (with a given, more posterior time) is simply not there. I wanted to read inthedharma, but... poof, she was gone. This happened about 8:42 EDT USA and was still true at 9:04 EDT USA. Strange for something posted at "6:42."

I have witnessed many things like this today.
    22.jpg 75.3K
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Server problems. We're back up :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Brian, it seems the late server problems seems to have screwed up ne of the threads, the Troubles and What Ails You thread. You can't get to the last page anymore, and if you click on the last entry link, it gives you an error message.

Palzang
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2007
    The "Troubles & What-ails-thee" thread appears to be corrupted still.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Is there an echo in here-ear-ear-ear...

Palzang
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Snap!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Shoot! I've just PM'd Brian with the same "ailment"...

What are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? Someone shut me up with a cracker....... :type:
    edited May 2007
    The what ails thee corkboard is still on the fritz. I wanna know what's going on with inthedharma. Has a geek virus crawled behind the corkboard?

5:11 p.m. EDT USA 1 May 2007 CE.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    federica wrote:
    Shoot! I've just PM'd Brian with the same "ailment"...

What are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? what are we, parrots? Someone shut me up with a cracker....... :type:

My brother lives in Georgia. Will that do?

Get it? Georgia - cracker - a Georgia cracker? Well, I thought it was funny!

Palzang
    edited May 2007
    Not hailing from the colonies, Palzang dear, the humour is lost on me.... :buck: :wtf: :D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Don't feel bad. It was probably lost on everybody else as well.

Palzang
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Brits.

How long does a country have to exist before these condescending people stop referring to them as "colonies".

Maybe they're just hung up on the hole colonies thing...

-bf
    edited May 2007
    Well, if someone hadn't forgotten to boil the kettle at that durned tea party, we'd all be neighbours...

Is that an a**h**e joke? :lol:
    edited May 2007
    Georgians and North Floridians are called Crackers.:usflag: :ukflag: :usflag: :ukflag:
    South Carolinians are called Sandlappers.
    And nearly everybody knows that North Carolinians are called Tarheels.
    I don't know about Virginians, though.

Palzang's been around, you know. Get it? Georgia - cracker - a Georgia cracker? Well, I thought it was funny!
    I thought it was kinda funny, too, Pal.
    As to calling the U.S. the colonies, well that's just dern cute. The British have a lot of places they have left their indelible mark on. If truth be told, probably most of those places hold the British in very high esteem. Believe me, I work with a lot of young women of many backgrounds, and they are all madly in love with the two princes.

I particularly liked the way Idi Amin was so taken with things Scottish in the movie, The Last King of Scotland. Quite a show.

Meditate by emptying yourself and letting the universe fill you.
    (Idea stolen from YogaMama)
    Go Green!!!
    edited May 2007
    Hey How come we can't have a beautiful green Pakistani flag?

:ausflag: :sweflag: :ukflag: :canflag: :usflag:

Go Green!!!

Meditate by emptying yourself and letting the universe fill you.
    (Idea stolen from YogaMama)
    Go Green!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    I thought Virginians were called Vegans.

Palzang
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Sooo... what's the score? We're still looking for a French tricolor and someone to fix a broken thread?

Am I the only one who sees no "smilies" box on the reply page?
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited June 2007
    matt wrote:
    Sooo... what's the score? We're still looking for a French tricolor and someone to fix a broken thread?

Am I the only one who sees no "smilies" box on the reply page?
    BTW... I was indeed the only one. :D I had the "basic editor" selected in my profile for some reason. Maybe it was the result of registered before that default got changed.