Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good Afternoon!

edited July 2005 in General Banter
Please use this thread to chat through anything that has happened to you during your day/night.

Just a place to let it all out!

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Well I fell asleep at around 8:00 pm and I woke up at 11:30pm. I have been up since and I don't know when I am going to make it to bed. LOL. It's 2:15 am now.
  • edited June 2005
    I teach English to International students and I just finished a lesson with a woman from Mexico City.

We had a great discussion about life and philosophy - it was strange because we are both young and have both taken up spiritual lives. She is a preacher in the Catholic church and I am, well you know, me.

The similarities were abundant - a great eye opener for someone who has only heard relatively bad press about the Catholic Church.

Perhaps if my mind was not open I would have viewed the exchange n a different way.

To listen truely is a great/mundane gift.

I hope everyone's day/night is going well.

I am with you.
    edited June 2005
    Well I am watching the Planet of the Apes TV show on Sci FI channel.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    I'm just trying to get stuff organized and sorted out for the annual LAN party that we hold here in Michigan for short-media (my other site). Last year we had 30 people, and this year we're trying to get 40. Should be lots of fun, but there's a lot of planning to do :D
  • edited June 2005
    I am at work. ^_^ Its storming, and I absolutely love storms! However the rain kind of makes you drowsy.

Thinking about getting another tattoo. Maybe a pink lotus ^_^ I've grown rather fond of the flower.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited June 2005
    I had a long day of budget negotiations for the technology center I work in. A very tiring, stressful day... but I still love the work. :)
    edited June 2005
    I wish I loved my job. It is the root of all my suffering.
    edited June 2005
    Yeah having a crappy job will do that to you. One of my jobs before I struck out on my own as an "entrepreneur" almost killed me from stress - and I was only 19 years old :(
    edited June 2005
    Well I deliver pizzas in a town where very few tip. It's rally frustrating. I get enough hours being the closing driver but that is the main reason for my back pain these days. A lot of hunching over. I have picked up some internet side work for a friend in the UK. I don't know how much it really pays because it is done on how much I update for him. If it's extra money I am happy. Maybe I can cut some hours at my pizza job. I want to go an underwater diving school next year but I must be patient. :)
    edited June 2005
    I used to be a pizza guy. I loved it though. I can see how frustrating it would be if people didn't tip, however.
    edited June 2005
    When I lived in Las Vegas I delivered and I made really good momey. I was averaging
    3-5 dollars per delivery. I could actually pay my bills. I don't think people realize that I have to fix my own car if it breaks down. I have lost money on this job. If my wife didn't have some money saved up I would be in realt trouble. :(
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    at home before starting work at two oclock. this site is starting to take up a lot of my time. i cant keep away. :)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Anita, i have been thinking of getting another tatto also. lotus would be nice. i want something to remind me to stay on track and be a good person.
    edited June 2005
    emmak wrote:
    at home before starting work at two oclock. this site is starting to take up a lot of my time. i cant keep away. :)

Just do not get addicted to the site. That would create a form of attachment. Remember the site is a tool and many other things but the answers are inside of you. I wish you well.

My wife has 4 tatoos and some peircings. I have no tatoos and no piercings. I don't even wear jewlery. I find it to be confining, plus I would end up losing it. ;)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    thanks for the advice. i dont wear jewellery either but have two tattoos. what do you think about body decoration?
  • edited June 2005
    I don't my entire body covered but I think tattoos with meaning behind them are ok. I definatly want a lotus tattoo. A lotus is a beautiful flower with a beautiful meaning. ^_^
    edited June 2005
    emmak wrote:
    thanks for the advice. i dont wear jewellery either but have two tattoos. what do you think about body decoration?

I don't like body anything. It's just not fo rme. I don't dye my hair either. I don't use hair spray or gell. The only thing I do do is wash with soap and use deodorant. I think people use too many alien things on their bodies.
    edited June 2005
    Today I have two computers on the bench, both of them "extremely urgent"... Aren't they always? :)

(One of the things we do at our business is repair computers)
  • edited June 2005
    Everyone NEEDS their computer...lol
    edited June 2005
    Brian wrote:
    Today I have two computers on the bench, both of them "extremely urgent"... Aren't they always? :)

(One of the things we do at our business is repair computers)

Hit it. :)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I don't like body anything. It's just not fo rme. I don't dye my hair either. I don't use hair spray or gell. The only thing I do do is wash with soap and use deodorant. I think people use too many alien things on their bodies.
    Comic: I like your idea. Without sounding really weird, what kind of body products do you use? Are you aware of parabens, sulphates etc? You might be interested if you arent already.
  • edited June 2005
    right now im waiting
    for my dope dealer to bring me a fold...
    dinners ready, mother made spagetti
    im hungry, but saving room for drugs
    anticipating work, i be a sailor on ships -arg
    we do bottom fishing and hake fishing and blackcod out on the ocean
    i only make 200$ a day
    will be making 400$ a day... it will be good and bad for me

no one NEEDS their computer, or their phone... or tv
    but when u dont have them it makes u see
    just how much we use them
    just how attached we are to these machines
    edited June 2005
    emmak wrote:
    Comic: I like your idea. Without sounding really weird, what kind of body products do you use? Are you aware of parabens, sulphates etc? You might be interested if you arent already.

Irish spring soap and old spice deodorant.
  • edited June 2005
    Gees, this has been a stressful day. It feels like everyone is out to get me! :banghead: :lol:
    edited June 2005
    Would you like to talk about it? I hope your day gets better. :lol:
  • edited June 2005
    Anita wrote:
    Gees, this has been a stressful day. It feels like everyone is out to get me! :banghead: :lol:

:o

Perhaps we could help?
    edited June 2005
    Well, I can promise you that not EVERYBODY is out to get you. I'm not :)
    edited June 2005
    That's not what you told me this morning. LOL. Just Kidding.
  • edited June 2005
    I work with public..lol and some days people are just rude...and its not just one or two...but all of them! haha And I tell ya, I have noticed that my patience has gotten a lot better here lately..but sometimes..I think the world tests me!

I say hello to someone...and they look at me like I'm an idiot.."why is this person talking to me" I know thats what they are thinking.
    They don't even say anything to me...

A typical conversation:

Me: Hello!
    Customer: Cash this check
    Me: Ok!
    (Customer sits there on a cell phone or just sit and stares at me)
    Me: Thank you!
    (Customer drives off)

No thank you, no kiss my ass, no have a nice day...ahhh!

Its crazy how helpless and uneducated people really are. I know I shouldn't say things like that and I am usually calm about things....but my gosh...its just been a day...I'm telling ya.

Sorry guys..just a little stressed! haha

:banghead: :lol::bawling::angry::):D
    edited June 2005
    Very funny. I deliver pizzas all te time and I always say hello to people and I never get a response.

Comic: Hello
    Customer: How much is it?
    Comic: Hello!
    Customer: Hey. How much is it?
    Comic: I don't know. Here's your pizza.
    Customer: (Takes pizza with dumbfounded look.)
    Comic: (Looks at ticket) 12.86
    Customer: (Hands Comic exact amount)
    Comic: Okay then. (Turns around and walks away wondering why he wastes his time.)

Tipping is not a city in China. :)
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Tipping is not a city in China. :)
    Lol, brilliant! :bigclap:
    Well, it's almost eleven at night here on the East Coast. I'm just surfing the intarweb, looking for good recipes. I have a thing for cooking, for some reason.
    My legs kinda hurt, but that's because I was doing my pilates workout earlier. Man, I can feel the burn. *winces in pain*
    Well, that's all for now.
    edited June 2005
    Well I left work early becaus eI am not feeling well. The shift manager tried to tell me I couldn't leave so I gave him my delivery money and clocked out anyway. He knew I was sick. He just didn't care.
    edited June 2005
    man it is time to find a new job, comic... You never have a good story from work :(
    edited June 2005
    I know. I think I am going to start printing resumes. I also am going to finish fixing my truck and go and do some lawn care and hauling for people in town.
  • edited July 2005
    I would love to find anything that didn't deal with serving customers....BESIDES...being a vet...in that case I wouldn't be serving the customer..(in my mind) I would be helping the animal. :)

Does anyone know any really pretty Buddhist names and meanings...or maybe a good link to go and look? Thanks! :D