Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good news for me

It's been challenging lately...my health, finances, etc., which I've mentioned here before but...

I just got an e-mail from a publisher who wants to pick up a novel I wrote earlier this year. Yay! Second book - first novel. Anywho, just wanted to share that with someone and I picked all of you. :)

JeffreyToraldrisDandelionKundovinlyngenkakulobsterVastmindMeisterBobkarastiInvincible_summerEarthninjaoceancaldera207ZeroBuddhadragonVictoriousTheswingisyellow

Comments

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

@yagr Congratulations! That's great news. Can you tell us about the book? The genre, the tagline, anything?

yagrEarthninja
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Well done @Yagr, perseverance paid off then!

I can probably vouch for it as a good read. Not that my views count for anything.

Good luck, send me the link when published.

Metta

yagr
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's great news, @yagr....!

I may pick your brains at some point in the future, about how one goes about getting a book published - or even noticed by a potential publisher! - as I have a full manuscript of a written and completed book, what I wrote.

Well done you! Let us know how things pan out - And thank you for giving us the news!

yagr
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

I can barely write a 10 page paper let alone a book. Kudos!

yagr
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Don't sell yourself short, @Jeffrey. You can do maths in a way I can only (grasp the whisp of a) dream, of.....

KundoEarthninja
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@yagr‌

That is awesome news!!!!! Let us know when it's published. I would LOVE to read it.

Much metta,
    Raven xx

yagrlobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@federica said:
    Don't sell yourself short, Jeffrey. You can do maths in a way I can only (grasp the whisp of a) dream, of.....

Exactly.

yagr
  • yagryagr Veteran

@Jeffrey - math? That is my background... :) Love math.

@AldrisTorvalds - It is a young adult novel...spiritual fantasy or perhaps a Buddhist allegory - as you wish. I referred to it to the publisher originally as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe meets the Karate Kid which may or may not be a good comparison. Instead of a wardrobe to pass between worlds, our young hero does so through meditation.

@Federica - any time I can be of assistance, please let me know.

@anatman - counts for something with me. :)

KundoEarthninja
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited June 2014

Thanks Federica. Actually organic chemistry has little math. It is about understanding structures of molecules and is all in pictures.

EarthninjaVictorious

Yeah.
    Which we all do, of course, and analyse 150 pages of data before breakfast.

Said no-one else here.

Ever.

:D

EarthninjayagrKundo
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Congratulations, @yagr! I already see the book in pre-production on Steven Spielberg's desk (over the phone with George Lucas, of course) and John William thinking up the musical score...
    Makes an interesting plot for a film, really.

yagr
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited June 2014

Good on yer! Steady on! ...and oh yeah... Can I have the Lead? Pretty please with suger on top?

yagr
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Hells Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

yagr
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@Victorious said:
    Good on yer! Steady on! ...and oh yeah... Can I have the Lead? Pretty please with suger on top?

Son of Spock on a Spielberg movie!!

yagrVictorious