Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

In memoriam

anatamananataman Who needs a title?Where am I? Veteran
edited June 2014 in Sanghas

I reflected on the death of people I never knew today. I thought I would share some of the experience. Unfortunately I can't upload the images from my phone - I'll post later...

Comments

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

I was doing walking meditation when this caught my eye.

It made me think how much that person had fulfilled the lives of those who had placed the plaque to their loved one. For a moment It brought an upwelling of compassion and affection for all those involved. It was poignant moment.

As I continued around the park I started reading and reflecting on the little plaques, that I pass everyday, yet as memorials they generally go unnoticed. And in the frame of mind I was in the little plaques started taking on a life of their own, with crystal clear messages, not for the deceased, but for those alive. So I thought it would share them with you.

At the end of my walk, in a sports ground where I was going to see my son compete in a inter-school athletics event, I finished with this one, and realised this plaque was in recognition of the life-long effort some people put in their community. I realised that their are many people working away without the recognition they deserve during life, and that it is their absence, which makes people realise they were making a difference.

edited June 2014

Please feel free to post any cherished moments here in memoriam

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
    I feel it when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all.

an oft quoted excerpt from In Memoriam by Alfred Lord Tennyson

TheswingisyellowBuddhadragon