Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Emoticons in markdown figured out!!!

VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
edited June 2014 in Buddhism Basics

Maybe I am late on the subject or maybe linc did something but emoticons seem to be working as long as you leave a space before and after it AND it is not the last thing on the page.

. :) :buck: :grr: :rocker: ... hmmm.

Why dont they work in this post? They actually work in the preview...

EDIT: And if you want it to be the last thing just put a space and then a dot behind it.

Theswingisyellow

Comments

• TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Lets see :thumbsup: maybe........

• TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Brilliant!!!!! I was missing me emoticons!!! :clap: :rocker: :bowdown: :rockon: :om: :aol: Thanks!!!!

Dandelion
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited June 2014

:buck: . Suddenly they stopped working in the top post... for me at least... But they seem to be working in the comments... :eek2: :sawed: .

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited June 2014

Emoticons keep acting up with me. Trial test :rarr:
    Let's see...

Edit: looks like it worked!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2014

I hve no idea what you're all talking about :screwy: well.....

Maybe I can figure something out on this :shake: .....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

so, screwy doesn't work, in spite of my following the instructions, but my nonono does....

bloody inconvenient to have to put them mid-sentence.. :rant: .... :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

and I only clicked that emoticon - once....

Still not perfect, is it?

SIGH.....

edited June 2014

:screwy: . Eeer but screwy does work!? Not for you? :screwy: .
    @federica‌

well it did eventually, but only by putting it mid-sentence, which is not always what you actually want...

edited June 2014

A space and dot at the end not good enough? :screwy: .

Then I think Linc will have to have a look. It is all in the scriptin' I think.

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2014

Somebody pointed out earlier that emoticons don't work in the OP. Thanks @Victorious, for the clues... :clap: and such for the COMMENTS section...