Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Deciding to Stay

edited December 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
Recently, I expressed my doubts in the future of this forum and announced I would be leaving. But I noticed in the discussion area that people are taking the initiative to try and turn this forum around. There were quite a few others that were rather sad about me leaving and I received several PMs about this as well. Perhaps I forget that we all have more to offer than I thought. And I realized that I will miss asking questions here of a Buddhist nature. So I am staying...for now.:)

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Good to hear KOB!
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Great! :smilec: I'm glad you decided not to leave. Still, if you want to devote more time to other forums, to broaden your perspective & discussion, then go right ahead. I just hate to see people banish themselves in a way where there's virtually no chance of them coming back again. Especially when I think they are a valuable contributor to the forum.

Anyway, I hope this forum can will remain a place of refuge for people who need it.

best wishes & metta

_/\_
    mark
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Thank God!

Now I can sleep at night! :)

Sorry... being a smart-ass again.

Actually, I've always had a difficult time understanding why one would need to make a statement that "I'm leaving". Is it in the hopes of provoking some action? Shaking people or "something" awake?

I think this forum goes through the normal ebb and flow that most forums go through - with a lot less anger, vehemence and slander/slams than most.

And plus, when things go a little sour - it's a great opportunity for us to practice a lot of Right things.

Glad to see you're staying.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    I have to say, as a friend and fellow Sangha dweller, the timbre, calibre and content of posts in this forum, is by and large positively angelic in comparison to other (non-Buddhist, general) fora I have visited. We may have had a bit of a shake-up in the past couple of days but we're not doing at all badly, when you consider how aware of it all we are!!
    The first step in solving a problem, is to recognise it exists.
    We've done that.
    We know what we must do.

I think it's time to take the step and move on, now....