Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Park bench talk with a nun in a museum....

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

They make a fairly odd couple. The television and film star Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire, The Big Lebowski) sits alongside Shambhala nun Karma Trime Lhamo, the director of Princeton Buddhist Meditation Group.....

Buscemi asks sincerely felt, straightforward questions, while Ani Trime responds with wisdom reminiscent of her late teacher, Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche. Watch as she shares her thoughts on dukkha, meditation, and the importance of being kind.

nice 11 minute video on tricycle......

http://www.tricycle.com/blog/no-try-just-do

sndymornFullCirclezombiegirl

Comments

• MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful Agnathiest CT , USA Veteran

Thanks for sharing! Great conversation. Its nice to hear some one who's practiced for 40 years say
    " I get angry- anger doesn't stop. But you can stop acting on your anger whether its towards yourself,or your loved ones or the guy across the street."

She goes on to use a Yoda quote that Ive used myself! She didn't get it verbatim though.
    "Try not! Do or do not. There is no try!" Yoda
    Bob

• CittaCitta Veteran

Thanks for that @Vastmind.

_/_

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

For some reason it won't play for me - probably because I'm not subscribed to tricycle.

If it's not free, it's not for me!

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

@anataman
    Nope...no subscription needed. Strange...why isn't it playing for you? You must have made the 'puter gods mad, hahaha

try the youtube one...

• BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran

Neither one is available in my country! (Canada)
    What did we do?

• mmommo Veteran

It is not available for uk either.

• CittaCitta Veteran

@mmo said:
    It is not available for uk either.

It is IF you subscribe to Tricycle

• mmommo Veteran
    edited July 2014

@Citta I will try that when I got home. Thanks.

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Vastmindownerof1000oddsocks
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

The youtube one doesn't work for you guys either?...Hmmm....it's not a tricycle original...it's an AOL series.....that...what?....only plays in America?

sorry guys .. :o .... I don't know how that works...