Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tibetan buddhist art

From the Tibetan buddhist art,Beautiful round of beautiful huan,Never seen such a beautiful painting,
http://zenspeaking.com/daily-zen/vaishr ... n-zambala/
I have seen in Tibet once,When I see,Lifelike!!!

overthecuckoosnestDandelion

Comments

• Beautiful! My favorite so far is Yamantaka, "they death destroyer."

"There is a figure called Yamantaka, the death destroyer, who is said to be the form adopted by the bodhisattva of wisdom, Manjushri, to counquer Yama, the Lord of Death. Majushri's idea was to assume a form more frightening than death itself, capable of scaring death into submission, of showing death its ultimate unreality. Rather than allowing death to put an end to being, Manjushri's aim was to expose the illusory nature of the fear of death... Yamantaka is nothing if not a nightmare. Yet sprouting from his central head and rising toward the sky are two more heads: one a red, fanged demon face with diaphanous skin oozing blood; and the other the golden, shining, eternally youthful and handsome Manjushri, the bodhisattva of transcendent wisdom, an oasis of understanding in the midst of death's horror."
    -Going on Being: Buddhism and the Way of Change

anatamanEarthninja
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

My favourite is the representation of the Wheel of Life or Wheel of Samsara, which can also be viewed as a metaphoric model of the psyche.
    Even in the lowest realms there is the figure of a Buddha, which implies that wherever in the cycle we happen to find ourselves, it is always possible to awaken to our Buddha nature.
    Or as Buddhist pschologist Mark Epstein said: "Release from suffering is won through a change in perception, not through a migration to some kind of heavenly abode."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U-befFSkxjo/U2Fmti4SJTI/AAAAAAAABCo/22ReXZZPDq0/s1600/WL14-6.jpg

overthecuckoosnestanataman