Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Very helpful view on desire and what it teaches you

Thoughts?

Vastmind

Comments

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited August 2014

Likey likey. It actually kinda reminded me of Eckhart Tolle.

• Alan watts is really a great guy, he always brings it in a way that makes things more clear for me :)

• VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

Too many words and too good voice control and too good a speaker. I have learnt to mistrust this kind of person.

Sorry this guy does nothing for me but confuse.

Toraldris
  • Haha, I can understand your view. But I really liked the part that accepting that you don't know generates desireless and from that state you "you are that" That can be nothing, but also everything. That's the main message I got from it.

• May I ask what your trust in the person has to do with the actual content of what he says though. Who cares if a bad source delivers good information?

vinlynVictorious
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

Good point! But the message is not new to me so what remains is the listening.

This man is a master manipulator on his own agenda. And I say that without any other information than listening to this recording.

Just my instincts. I might be overreacting. Choose to ignore me if you will. Thats fine. :) .

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Gratitude for the teaching I received.

May I continue to learn how to give away self defense.

May I continue to walk with a beginners mind.

May I be able to comfortably say....I don't know.

let go and give away. .. :) ..

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Woah93, when you post a video, it is a standard requirement - and others will confirm this, because I have asked it of other members, before now - that you post a preliminary comment, and outline of what you are presenting, and why. What you find interesting, and what you wish to discuss. Posting a video with a one-word post-content, isn't really acceptable. More "Meat on the bone" is customary... :) .

Just a heads-up.
    Thanks.

vinlyn
  • Cheers, sorry I didn't know ^^

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Of course, I understand that - which is why I posted the comment. If you don't know, how can you be expected to comply...?

It's all good..... :D .