Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Looking for some sanga

Looking to find a teacher in Theravada in Portland Or. I am 2 months into my practice.

Earthninja

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran

Don't the The Pacific Hermitage Monks offer a chance for a face to face Dharma exchange with Theravadin monks every 3rd Friday in Portland.

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited October 2014

Personally, I recommend checking out Portland Friends of the Dhamma. They're a lay group affiliated with Abhayagiri monastery in California, which is in the forest tradition of Ajahn Chah. There are a couple of lay-teachers who have trained for many years with Ajahn Pasanno et al., and monastics come to visit all the time. They've started a hermitage out in White Salmon, WA, and the monks there come to Portland once a month, plus monks from all over pass through throughout the year.

There's also a Thai monk named Ajahn Fa Thai who originally ordained under Ajahn Jumnien in Thailand and then ordained in a Mahayana tradition in Taiwan who teaches vipassana-style meditation Tuesday through Friday at De De Temple, and does a Thai-style meal offering at Miao Fa Temple (both addresses can be found here).

Earthninja
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

And if you don't like either of them, you can always check out the Portland Insight Meditation Community.

• Thank you very much Jason will look into it.