Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Why has Bodhidharma Leftt?

Bobby_LanierBobby_Lanier Veteran
edited December 2006 in Arts & Writings
If you can, please rent the Korean movie (with great English subtitles): Why has Bodhidharma Left for the East? It is excellent. The camera work is straight out of Tarkovsky. It is a kind of cinematic play on the Ten Ox-herding Pictures.

Here are a few snips I manged to get of it for your edification.
If you succeed in freeing the moon inside you it will light up the sky and earth and its light will chase away all shadows of the universe.
If you understand that One thing, you will understand everything.
If you achieve this, the good news will echo through the universe.
If you know that, you will become one with all. You will inherit a universe where day and night fuse together. It will be perfection. Everything will be accomplished. It will be free of obstacles and total freedom will prevail.

Here is a log of wood with a crane's head, a dragon's back and a lizard's breast engraved upon it. It has no name. It's your face before you were born. It's your body before the birth of your parents. With that you must solve the mystery of birth and death.

When the moon takes over in your heart, where does the master of my being go?

A koan is a tool to cross over the sea of passion and illusion so as to discover the roots of the true Self.

Heck, I would advise buying the DVD. It is a keeper; one you will want to watch many times. Share it especially with your children. One of the main characters is a little boy monk.

Love ya'll,

Bobby

Comments