Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Attitude is everything.

In the short time that I have been following the EP, I can feel and see a difference in myself and my daily life. Granted I am a housewife, but I used to get frustrated and irritated by just about everything. Through determination to begin my life anew with the Dharma, my patience is growing, my mind is becoming calmer, and I'm losing interest in meaningless things that consumed my life before.

Today, my striving for a positive attitude turned a bad day into a good one. I have begun to look at people differently, trying my best not to judge or label them just by their appearance or what I see them doing. I need to start saying to myself "Are you a buddha?" when I look at someone - since everyone has the capacity to be one.

BunksJeffreysovammoBuddhadragonSarahTRowan1980

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

"Granted I am a housewife...."

Is there something else to be?

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

One question - what is "the EP"?

Well done btw!

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

@Bunks said:
    One question - what is "the EP"?

Guessing "Eightfold Path".

Bunks

Sorry - only ever seen it shortened to "8P".

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited September 2014

Same here, had to make an educated guess. 8FP sometimes too, though strangely never EFP!

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

@jbailey84 said:
    "Are you a buddha?" when I look at someone - since everyone has the capacity to be one.

Easily one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Thanks for your knowledge and your kindness

lobsterrohit
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@jbailey84 said:
    Granted I am a housewife, but I used to get frustrated and irritated by just about everything.

Another Buddhist housewife here!
    Welcome to the fascinating world of Dharma while juggling the everyday petty household problem.
    Like nobody acknowledging the fact that their pants are clean thanks to you, that there's food on the plate thanks to you, that the furniture is dusted thanks to you... and all that while listening to the same speech "You have no problems, you're a housewife."

• I apologize for not replying sooner. Yes, EP stands for Eightfold Path. Perhaps I should use 8P for clarification on these forums.

What I meant by "granted I am a housewife," is that I don't have to deal with the stress of a paying job. My husband is very grateful to me, but my child...not so much, typical kid.

Sova, I can't take credit for quietly saying "Are you a Buddha?" to everyone I see or meet. I was watching a PBS documentary on the life of the Buddha, and a woman (forgot her name) on there said this. Here's the video - it's two hours long, but a beautiful depiction of the general life of the Buddha.

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited October 2014

@jbailey84 said:
    What I meant by "granted I am a housewife," is that I don't have to deal with the stress of a paying job.

And therefore work harder ;) ...

Metta,
    Raven
    _ /\ _