Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I've always loved this picture

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Not sure what it is but this has always been my favourite buddhist picture. It just inspires me every time I see it so I thought I'd share.

JeffreyShoshinBuddhadragonTheEccentricBuddha_Fan22silverRowan1980Nirvana

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited September 2014

. :coffee: .. @Bunks If colour psychology is anything to go by, blue has a calming, peaceful effect, perhaps this is why most people including my 'self' find it somewhat comforting to the senses... and with a Buddha meditating thrown in.... well it speaks for itself . :om: ..

This is a color that seeks peace and tranquility above everything else, promoting both physical and mental relaxation. It reduces stress, creating a sense of calmness, relaxation and order - we certainly feel a sense of calm if we lie on our backs and look into a bright blue cloudless sky. It slows the metabolism. The paler the blue the more freedom we feel.

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-blue.html

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Fascinating! Thanks @Shoshin. I'm always interested in this kind of thing from an evolutionary perspective. I wonder if we're drawn to blue as water is blue? And red may signal danger as blood is red?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited September 2014

. :) .. You're welcome @Bunks,

I guess from a Buddhist perspective, the five aggregates in particular the eye consciousness and the sankharas come into play.... . :) ..

• In some traditional stories the Shakyamuni Buddha gained enlightenment on the third morning of continuous night and day meditation just as the morning star (Venus) appeared . . . :) .

Shoshin
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

That art is from this documentary

• I love this documentary- This is where all started to make sense to me.