Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

We break all the rules.

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

We discuss religion and politics. We even discuss race. It's respectful, playful, and at the end of the day....we can come together for each other. There is a lot of love in a place where we break the social discussion rules.

What are some of your favorite topics here?

Comments

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Just talking, period.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

Whatever is a personal experience as opposed to a recitation of rite and ritual.

Vastmindvinlynlobster
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

@AldrisTorvalds said:
    Just talking, period.

You and me both!

• A lot of threads I just can't latch onto. I am just like 'duh can't think of this'. So I like the ones where I have the sense of knowing something about.

Nirvana
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"Buddhist gossip" . :rolleyes: .. . :D ..

lobsterVastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited October 2014

@Jeffrey ..... I know what ya mean.

We always seem to get in where we fit in, though .. :) ....

Want a waffle? hahahaha ....That's an oldie but goodie right there...hahaha

CinorjerShoshin
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I like creative ones and the ones that involve things we need not worry about the best or when someone gets the help they wanted.

One of my favorite rules to break is pondering the imponderables.

VastmindCinorjervinlyn
  • @ourself said:
    I like creative ones and the ones that involve things we need not worry about the best or when someone gets the help they wanted.

One of my favorite rules to break is pondering the imponderables.

You're a rebel in disguise, aren't you?

sova
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

I enjoy pondering the unpondered. What goes without question? Let's examine it and release it back into the wild :) . I sense that kind of respect here on this forum, and it's not exactly common, so it is appreciated very much.

CinorjerStraight_ManDavid
  • mfranzdorfmfranzdorf Veteran
    edited October 2014

@Jeffrey said:
    A lot of threads I just can't latch onto. I am just like 'duh can't think of this'. So I like the ones where I have the sense of knowing something about.

>

JEFFREY! I know exactly what you mean. I read a ton of threads and sometimes really try to wrap my head around some of the advanced knowledge on here, but sometimes I just can't grasp. I always try to learn though. You really hit the nail on the head! I, like most here, take comfort in knowing that I can talk about just about anything here and not be subjected to ridicule (unless it's warranted of course!)

JeffreyVastmind
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Cinorjer said:
    You're a rebel in disguise, aren't you?

Only when it suits diplomacy.

• Rules are often a boundary to the boundless. My fav threads are where somone has bounded over.

sova
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited October 2014

I like the "Big Happy Family" threads where everybody gets along together, no arguing moaning, complaining, bit#$hing, whining, .......No wait that sounds an awful lot like Nirvana ... . :scratch: ..

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

You can say 'bitching'.
    In fact, there are no limits or censorship limitations on any words at all on forum. However we appreciate the personal restraint shown by members, enormously, when it comes to judicious avoidance of using profane terminology on a regular and indiscreet manner. The huge majority of members comply with standard general forum etiquette and social mores by avoiding use of foul language. There are no concrete rules of forum behaviour here, but most people respond extremely positively and comply, when it is requested of them to exercise restraint in respect of others. Pretty amazing and cooperative bunch of nice people we have here....

lobsterHamsaka
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

I tried using fowl language once, but it was ducking ridiculous. Everyone laughed at me; I think I have PTSD, permanent psychological scars. :(  

ShoshinDairyLamalobsterCinorjer
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's why we love you. You're as daft as the rest of us...

Toraldris
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

I'm content insofar as the threads' topics do not take up any Buddhist concerns, current events, humor, the arts, gardening and suchlike. But then, I'm not all that particular.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I love the internalized wisdom that comes from trial and error, and trying on Buddhism for size, as opposed to mere dogmatic sutta-offrattling.
    People's experiences out in the field sometimes help me make the click with a peculiarly elusive abstraction.

I'm totally put off by those comments where you can smell much intellectual comprehension of the doctrine, but a total failure to connect the dots in real life.

Shoshinlobstermmo