Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Share some teachings here

misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a HinduIndia Veteran

Hi All,

A thought came to my mind to start a thread, in which we can share some teachings, which we have heard from wise people, be they be from any religion.

I was hearing few preachings from a Jain saint, which I would like to share with you all.

• Try to see good in bad people. If this seems much difficult, then try to not see bad in good people. If even this seems to be somewhat difficult, then at the least try not to communicate bad things of good/bad people to others - in other words, if you have noticed some bad quality in either a good/bad person, then do not gossip with others spreading the bad quality about that good/bad person. The background for this is - if you want to stop bad quality to grow further in you, then at the first step, try to develop not seeing of bad qualities in other and even if you see it, then do not spread to others. If you want to develop good qualities in you, try to develop the seeing of good in others.

• Have a feeling of peace towards 'you', feeling of unconditional loving kindness towards others and feeling of purifying towards your inner self.

Please share some teachings if you wish, which you have heard from different saints or monks from any religion. Thanks in advance.

AllbuddhaBoundlobsteranatamanCinorjerbookwormDavidmmo

Comments