Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Book, Work by TNH.

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

So work has been putting the squeeze on me....and I knew it. I went to the book store and saw this...It's a
short little read by Thich Nhat Hanh...called Work...... It refreshed my work mind.

http://www.amazon.com/Work-Find-Meaning-Each-Hour/dp/1937006204

Anyway...to make a long story short....I got a promotion! .. :) ...

It's a short term appointment....but more money and doing Lead/Teaching positions.
Right now, that's more appealing to me than the tax collection side , hahahaha I know how to read
and interpret those codes on the modules, I 've been working in the same area for 12 years...
....so I networked, showed interest, and started jumping on
detail announcements....all that was me...not the book....lolololol, I start Monday and am super excited!!!!
It gets me out of where I was burned out...I get to keep my Tour of duty.....more money....and It's what I know!!

The book was great, I thought. Anyone here read it? What did you think?

He makes easy, doable changes for during/starting and being at work. The back has "30 ways to reduce stress"...

Try to eat away from your desk, quick meditations for before meetings, take the stairs....anyway....good stuff.

How to transition from the environments, etc.

I'm done the book....If you want me to pass it on to you...let me know. :)

BunksHamsakaBuddhadragonDavidJeffrey

Comments

• Thanks for the recommendation. I will put it on my TBR list. ☺️

Vastmind
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Thay's work is awesome _ /|\ _

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Just reading Fear at the moment. Good book!

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I bought and am reading this book.

Thanks @‌Vastmind for helping bring mindfulness into my working day!

Vastmind
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    Congratulations on your promotion, @Vastmind!
    Don't make yourself scarce on the site, though...
    Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2014

@DhammaDragon ....I'm trying not to ...hahaha...but it has been a little more harder the last couple of weeks. We're on tighter software/firewalls or something so...I can still get on the page during the day...but I can't sign in/log in to comment. :D ...... That has been a lesson all it's own...hahaha...I'll read conversations going on....but I know I can't say anything until I get home....By the time I get home...the thread is dead...or I have re-thought what I was going to say....for me being a talker....It's been a much needed lesson....... But I'm reading during breaks and lunch.....There's no way I could stand not knowing whats going on....lolololol...

The detail is up in March....but I'm playing my cards right.....so I should get the perm spot when it becomes available in June or July. I've got all the right people backing me ...so...we'll see.... :)

Oh..I was on retreat with Hubby week before last....so that's why I was MIA for a little minute there......

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2014

@lobster ..... the pic you made back in the day.... went with me to the new cubicle.
    ......buddha dolphin... ;)