Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Spiritual joke thread

anatamananataman Who needs a title?Where am I? Veteran

this one is apparently attributed to khristnamurti:

Once Satan and his demon sidekick were walking down the street, closely watching a man 20 yards ahead who was on the verge of realizing the Supreme Truth.

The demon grew worried, and began to nudge Satan, but Satan looked quite calm. Sure enough, the man did, in fact, soon realize the deepest spiritual Truth. Yet Satan still did nothing about it. With this, the demon nudged Satan harder and, getting no response, finally blurted out, “Satan! Don’t you see? That man has realized the Truth! And yet you are doing nothing to stop him!”

With that, Satan cunningly smiled and announced, “Yes, he has realized the Truth. And now I am going to help him organize the Truth!”

Hamsakabookworm

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited October 2014

Hmmmmmm. Sorry but I don't get it?

anataman
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"The Devil is in the detail" . :D ..

HamsakaRowan1980anataman
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

BunksFlorianBuddhadragon
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Three guys were fishing on a lake when Jesus Christ himself walked across the water to their boat. They were astonished! One man said humbly, "Oh, Jesus, I've suffered from back pain ever since 'Nam. Could you help me?" "Of course, my son," Jesus answered, touched the man's back and, for the first time in years, he was pain free. The second man asked, "My vision has gotten worse and worse. Is there anything you could do about my eyesight?" Jesus smiled, removed the man's glasses and tossed them in the lake. As they hit the water, the man's eyes cleared and he could see everything clearly. Jesus turned to the third man, who raised his hands defensively and said, "Don't touch me! I'm drawin' disability!"

(cyberjoke3000)

Bunksperson
  • terrible :(

Victorious
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. "

Victorious
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

@Toraldris said:
    I'm not sure if this would be considered a joke or not, but I'm lovin' it in this moment...

Sorry I forget to mention, when you went to the toilet I took a piss in your glass!

person

Not to be the opportunistic opportunist or whatever!

Toraldris
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh, come on.... let's not get smutty or lavatorial.... :angry: .

OK

There was once a very malicious man who walked into a buddhist shrine and stood before an alter of offerings of flowers, food, etc. The various monks and nuns who had sat for many years in dedicated and often exulted silence and made the offerings watched as the man went up to the shrine and destroyed it, saying 'what is this crap it means nothing; why do you live in this way?'

The monks and nuns got up and started clearing the mess that the man had made, and to his disbelief they all bowed reverently as he walked away from the destruction he had caused and then he raged at them, 'what do you know that I do not?'

One of them said - 'nothing, but can you come back and do that again tomorrow?'

Victorious