Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Some progress on " How to attain nirvana"

rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran

We are taught to find goal in one's life. I just thought few years ago what could be the ultimate, worthy aim of one's life.
Some where somebody while discussing the topic told me that Nirvana is highest aim the Buddhist can have!!

Let's keep aside the debate 'what nirvana is and what isn't" because it is discussed in many threads.

I asked many Theravada Buddhist monks which are practicing it very well. They said mediation is the solution of all the problems. One monk even said that "If someone is thinking that he/she could attain nirvana without Vipassana then it is mistake".

For me it was very hard to start vipassana cos i did not know what it is!! Many time relatives diverted my mind to stop following it, they though that i could leave home for Dhamma. It seemed very hard to walk on the path of Buddhism and my mind was started to agitate and i hardly had able to refrain my mind from thoughts of destruction.
Then my sister forwarded me the 10 minute vipassana sound track . I always though that Vipassana is very time consuming and i could not able to do it in normal schedule. It takes 10 days to learn at institute.

Last evening i listened and did 10 0r 20 minutes anapana mediation and i feel very relief and i able to rescue my mind from thoughts of distraction which i always wanted to be.

I feel that everyone who don't have time should try this 10 minutes anapana mini meditation. It will prove the pioneer to become pro-efficient in mediation and will help a lot in life to be concentrated and to achieve goals and peace in life.

http://www.vridhamma.org/Audio

BunksCinorjerHamsaka

Comments

• Good to hear you feel this is working for you. <3

rohit
  • rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran

@lobster said:
    Good to hear you feel this is working for you. <3

Thanks. I think it could help everyone to refrain from unstable mind and help to gain peace of mind, to improve concentration and to be successful in life.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2014

Well, yes, that's stating the obvious, and it's an absolutely perfect, flawless theory.... Practising it, is a whole different ball-game. THAT'S where the rubber hits the road.

(Well done for starting a new thread, too! :triumph: )

Apparently that smiley is 'triumph'..... looks like the 'Spitfire'....! )

rohitsilver
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

I think it looks rabid (the smiley! The infectious disease not the other meaning of course ...\lol/...

I have decided never to comment on Nirvana again - oops was that a comment on Nirvana or just a statement!

rohit
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    @‌rohit

Vipassana is just one technique of many to obtain nirvana. Find a technique that works for you. One size doesn't fit all.:)

Some use koans, some use direct inquiry, some use surrender.

I'd say meditation is important, what type is what works for the individual.

Anapanna is good for stilling the mind, Vipassana is where you follow the sensations in the body and just observe.

Good luck and don't stop searching!
    rohit
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@rohit said:
    Some where somebody while discussing the topic told me that Nirvana is highest aim the Buddhist can have!!
    Let's keep aside the debate 'what nirvana is and what isn't" because it is discussed in many threads.
    I asked many Theravada Buddhist monks which are practicing it very well. They said mediation is the solution of all the problems. One monk even said that "If someone is thinking that he/she could attain nirvana without Vipassana then it is mistake".

Yes, the concept of Nirvana has been discussed ad infinitum, but since you intend to make it your goal in life, it is important for you to figure out what Nirvana means to you.

I personally see it as a composite of inner peace, equanimity, insight and skillful action all rolled into one.

If I am anywhere close to your own idea of Nirvana, then I agree that meditation (any), is a good tool to attain your goal.
    As to the solution to all the problems, I'd say the more insight you develop, the more you yourself will be instrumental in solving all your problems.

silverrohitEarthninja