Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Alan Watts Experience

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

Love him, hate him, judge his life style....there's no getting away from the fact, he influenced many (including many modern day Dharma teachers)...For me personally it wasn't so much the singer, but the song being sung, the tunes were quite catchy...They tend to stretch ones imagination....

So this is a thread on quotes and youtube clips (preferably not too long ones) attributed to Mr Watts...Feel free to add...

The Void

Earthninja

Comments

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    "You are the fabric and structure of existence itself, and when you find that out you laugh yourself silly!"
    Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"The point is to know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that “I” and all other “things” now present will vanish, until this knowledge compels you to release them — to know it now as surely as if you had just fallen off the rim of the Grand Canyon. Indeed, you were kicked off the edge of a precipice when you were born, and it’s no help clinging to the rocks falling with you. And then comes the hitherto unbelievable surprise: you don’t die because you were never born. You had just forgotten who you are."

EarthninjaBuddhadragonCinorjer
  • Best to all here.
    Here is a brief poem in Alan Watts' hand. I found it inside a copy of his work, " The Meaning of Happiness."
    It is written to Jean Burden, the poet, whom he loved.

ShoshinCinorjer

"Let go of controlling everything"

EarthninjaTelly03

The Mind

Telly03

anataman

"Why Fight"