Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Winter joke thread

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited November 2014 in General Banter

Go :)

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

It's just about summertime here :)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    It's just about summertime here :)

I've lived in New Zealand. Trust me, that's a joke! :wink:

ShoshinSarahTNirvanaperson

@Bunks said:
    I've lived in New Zealand. Trust me, that's a joke!

When we start to see the sun through a break in the clouds it's summertime :D

Bunks
    To be totally honest with you @Shoshin, I would swap a Melbourne summer for an Auckland summer any day of the week!
  • SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran

Not winter, but I'm not sure the above is. The following made me laugh. No offence meant to anyone!

Bill Clinton at a posh dinner, seated next to a very dignified elderly lady. Says to her "would you like a quickie?".
    Lady utterly horrified. "I've never been so offended in my life". Rises and departs in high dudgeon.
    Aide leans over Clinton's shoulder. "Mr President, sir ... I think it's pronounced 'quiche'".

NirvanaShoshinNerimalobster
  • @SarahT. Thanks for the joke. It gave me quite a chuckle.

• BeejBeej Human Being Veteran

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

Da cow go.

Da cow go who?

No it doesn't. Da cow goes MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :p

VastmindTelly03lobsterNerima
    One for @Shoshin.

Knock knock

Who's there?

Statue

Statue who?

Statue bro?
    SarahTVastmindShoshinNerima
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited December 2014

Knock, knock!
    Who’s there?
    Snow.
    Snow who?
    Snowbody!

SarahTpersonBunksmerx
  • edited December 2014

@Nirvana said:
    it's just another one of those derned things that children say.

My niece very much likes seltzer water, or as she calls it, "sparkly water." But she pronounces it "farkeny water." Her first grade teacher asked her what she would like to drink. She said that she wanted some farkeny water. Her teacher was taken aback, and asked her to repeat what she had just said.

Indignantly, my niece kept insisting, "I saaaaaid, I want some farkeny water!"

She was sent to the principal's office.

Rowan1980
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited December 2014

It took me a moment, @Vastmind.
    :)

Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think you need an American accent to appreciate its profound subtlety
    That, or a redneck mentality... :grinning:

Nerima
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Southern North American accent, not South American accent. :)

Nerima
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    A man is drowning in the river

and a canoe passes

"give me your hand!"

no no my friend, my lord will save me

"suit yourself"

...still drowning

another boat with oarsmen rows by

"man overboard! grab this life preserver!"

no no friends, my lord will save me

...still drowning

a third boat comes by, several ropes thrown toward the man

"grab hold!"

no, friends! my lord will save me!

later, at the heavenly gates:

"lord why didn't you save me!"

I sent you three rescue boats! what more did you want?!
    silverNerima
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

.....an oldie but a goodie, @sova. :)

"trash compactor: a device that turns fifty pounds of garbage into fifty pounds of garbage."

person
    edited December 2014

"If it takes an IQ of 60 to tie shoelaces, why do so many Australians wear thongs?" :D Thongs=Flip flops=Jandals

Bunks
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Because they don't wear them on their feet!

edited December 2014

There is this very pious Jew named Goldberg who always dreamed of winning the lottery. Every Sabbath, he’d go to synagogue and pray: “God, I have been such a pious Jew all my life. What would be so bad if I won the lottery?”
    But the lottery would come and Goldberg wouldn’t win. Week after week, Goldberg would pray to win the lottery, but the lottery would come and Goldberg wouldn’t win.
    Finally, one Sabbath, Goldberg wails to the heavens and says: “God, I have been so pious for so long, what do I have to do to win the lottery?”
    And the heavens parted and the voice of God came down: “Goldberg, give me a chance! Buy a ticket!”

-- http://stonestreetpress.com/1155/a-joke-for-those-who-need-jokes-there-was-this-very-pious-jew-who-wanted-to-win-the-lottery/ (told to me by a rabbi friend)

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Had one of these moments on Monday with a -35F windchill (which is typical for us, but it's a bit early in the winter for it). My 6 year old looked at me while he waited outside for his school bus and said "Mom, I just cannot deal with this." Indeed. Only 6 more months until summer.

thegoldeneternityBunks

Why did the orange take a prune to the Christmas party?

I don't know, why did the orange take a prune to the Christmas party?

Because it couldn't find a date.

Groan (I love my Mum ;))

VastmindBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

^^^ Really needs something more than a lol! (as she rolls on floor laughing ... ;))

@silver said:
    .....an oldie but a goodie, sova. :)

"trash compactor: a device that turns fifty pounds of garbage into fifty pounds of garbage."

I stole that from some guy on another forum -- and he said he stole it from George Carlin!
    o:)

Dean Martin never made it so good!
    Enjoy, Happy Christmas!!

VastmindpersonSarahT

Prince Philip - "When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife."

Toraldrispersonsilver

A Gentleman who divorces his wife to marry his mistress creates a vacancy.....

@Jeffrey‌ has created a thread on the meaning of Will.
    I think nasty will can be interpreted as malice, resentment and hostility. I think he seeks the meaning of beneficial will, the type one uses to do kind things. I think it's what they call 'Good Will Hunting'....

Vastmind

A bird was flying south for Winter, but he had left it too late and was frozen solid in a storm. He dropped down into a pasture of cows. The biggest, fattest cow was doing a crap there, and the bird landed in it.

At first he was disgusted, until he realised the poo was thawing him out! He started crying out for joy as the ice melted. A cat that was nearby heard the cries, walked over, saw the bird and ate it

There are three morals to this story:

1. Not everyone who gets you into s#!t is your enemy

2. Not everyone who gets you out of s#!t is your friend

3. If you are in s#!t, keep your mouth shut

personNirvana
  • I found the image on Twitter. :)

Shoshin
    edited December 2014

A Jewish guy goes into a confession box. "Father O’Malley," he says, "my name is Emil Cohen. I’m seventy-eight years old. Believe it or not, I’m currently involved with a 28-year-old girl, and also, on the side, with her 19-year-old sister. We engage in all manner of pleasure, and in all my life I’ve never felt better."
    "My good man," says the priest, "I think you’ve come to the wrong place. Why have you come to me to relate this matter?"
    "Why, I’m telling everybody!"

Here's another:

The disciple approaches the master and says, "Master, what is fate?"

The master replies, "It is that which gives a beast of burden its purpose in life. It is that which causes a man to travel a great distance, and in turn, a road to spring up underneath his feet, and in turn, an inn to spring up alongside that road, to stave off hunger, weariness, and thirst."

The disciple asks, "That is fate, Master?"

"Fate? I thought you said freight."

SarahTNerimaDavid
  • I told my Russian in laws that Santa doesn't get pulled along by reindeer in Australia, but by kangaroos. Santa also takes his coat off, and we leave him beer instead of milk on Christmas Eve.

Cracks them up. My wife still finds it hilarious. It's her first Christmas in Australia this year.

JeffreyTelly03Bunks
  • As a celebate I still found the joke hilarious. Please keep up with those jokes. Laughter lightens the hearts of many.

thegoldeneternitySarahT

Why is Christmas just like a day at the office ?
    You do all the work and the fat guy with the suit gets all the credit.

What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

Frostbite

David
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2014

Shoshin
  • What's made of brass and sounds like Tom Jones?

Trombones!

** Boom Tish **

ShoshinDavid
  • @karasti said:
    Had one of these moments on Monday with a -35F windchill (which is typical for us, but it's a bit early in the winter for it). My 6 year old looked at me while he waited outside for his school bus and said "Mom, I just cannot deal with this." Indeed. Only 6 more months until summer.

Wow. Where is it you live, @Karasti?

-35F windchill is no laughing matter!

No, your gums will freeze!!

Nirvana