Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good news/bad news

vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Not really anything new, but I just saw the quote: "The bad news is that nothing lasts forever. The good news is that nothing lasts forever." Kinda Buddhisty.

rohitRowan1980

Comments

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Quite. That could almost be a paraphrase of something I've heard in Buddhism before... but I can't remember the quote.

• It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass

BunksSarahTanataman
  • rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran

Nothing last forever so no need o worry at all.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

It is interesting how close delusion dances with truth though.

In one sense, whether everything is changing or not is irrelevant when only this one and present nano second can be lived in.
    And yet
    the worry and planning for future moments is what has brought our species from 4 legs to two. (food, clothing, shelter, tools)

Trust in god** and** tie up your horses, allows for the full appreciation of this moment of existence while retaining some responsibility for how we mold our future ones.

Most difficulties arise when one fixates on one to the exclusion of the other.

SarahT