Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

December newspaper column

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

At the risk of being uppity, here is a column I wrote that appears in today's local paper. It's a bit gaudy and conformist, but it's what I could muster: The 91-cent Gift that Never Lost Its Value.

AllbuddhaBoundrobotBunksupekkaRowan1980lobsterNirvanasndymornSarahT

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Thanks for sharing - well written too!

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Uppity nothing. I am moved to tears, particularly in light of the tragedy that has befallen other children elsewhere. Beautiful, meaningful and profoundly apt. Thanks, Adam.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited December 2014

That was beautiful story ... I found myself puddling up around the eyes just a little bit, as well ... <3

ps - I tweeted it. :)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    A very touching story. Thanks for sharing.

One of the forty six secondary downfalls in the Tibetan Bodhisattva vows is to not accept a material gift when it is offered thus denying the giver the opportunity to accumulate merit.
    Rowan1980
  • I loved it. :) shared it on fb for more people to enjoy.
  • @Sunspot5254 said:
    I loved it. :) shared it on fb for more people to enjoy.

<3

There you go . . .
    String is still being passed on . . .

A big part of giving is also having the grace to accept so many gifts . . .

SarahT