Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Update on Thay's recovery-- January 3.

Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
edited January 2015 in Buddhism Today

Thay continues to recover, sometime chuckling and smiling, with his eyes open much of the day now.

Link: http://plumvillage.org/news/an-update-on-thays-health-3rd-january/

anatamanRowan1980VastmindpegembaraKundoBuddhadragonNerimaNirvanapossibilities

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(Only a kangaroo....)

No, YOU work it out.

Seems a benevolent, kindly and serene disposition can do wonders for the healing process..... Such good news.....

KundoNirvana
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

My heart was warmed by this statement at the bottom of the update...

"A real sangha always carries within itself the energy of love, the energy of brotherhood and sisterhood, hope and compassion.
    Our sangha is our home. Our sangha is our hope."

I'll tell you why......We had a break-up of sorts of the group that was meeting at the Temple once a week. The traveling to the monastery will continue with the core people, but anyway..... Well, some of the younger guys took it hard, and it was difficult to keep in touch/reach out. As soon as the news broke that Thay was ill, my cell phone was blowing up.

It opened communication and bonded some of the Brothers back together and with me.
    The energy continues...... :)

Straight_ManSarahTBuddhadragonRowan1980
  • SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran

@federica said:
    (Only a kangaroo....)

Can we have a "groan" button please @linc? ;)

Nirvana
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@federica said:
    (Only a kangaroo....)

snort

I thought it was funny (must be an Aussie thing LOL)

Nirvana