Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

edited December 2006 in Arts & Writings
I watched this movie the other night and was pleasently surpised that it was good. Being a sequel I am always skeptical that movies won't hold up to the original, but not the case here. This one if definitely a little less friendly for children to watch (much more blood and fighting) but as they get older it might be worth them seeing. The storyline was cool and the effects were just as awesome. Johny Depp was just as quirky with Jack Sparrow as he was in the first one. I really like this series of movies and hope they do another one, they seemed to have left it open for that possibility. If you liked the first one you'll love this one.

Side note: The filming took place in the Bahamas. It was filmed on an island that my mother-in-law owns property on. She says when they filmed it the actors would all go out on the town and hang with the locals and had a great time. Johny Depp would sign autographs and such, and his photo is on the wall of one of the local watering holes I gues.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I fell asleep during the first Pirates of the Caribbean! Everyone loved it, but I actually fell asleep. And that doesn't happen very often when I watch movies....
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    I'm waiting for "Gandhi 2 - The Empire Strikes Back....." :tonguec:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    LMAO!!!!
  • edited December 2006
    I really liked the movie. But on the other hand, it made me think a lot about death, which still gets me kind of down at times.
  • edited December 2006
    LOL, fede!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I am quite enjoying the series, although I thought this, #2, was over-long. #3 could be graet, though.

Depp makes Bloom look very faded, doesn't he! I hope he manages to develop his real acting talent. I should love to direct him, understated, as "Hamlet". Allison Janney could play Gertrude. Some wimp-girl to play Ophelia: few brains and no tits. Penn and Teller as the gravediggers. And, of course, di Caprio as Yorick!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Omigod, Simon!! That's absolutely hilarious!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    If there is an advanced sale of tickets, I'll have four!!