Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    Her response was gold! Also, I now have the song in my head.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Really though, funny as this is, I do ask myself what dafuq was the matter with all the male passengers who sat by, did nothing and ignored this...?
    I know for a fact, without a doubt, that my H would have intervened.
    What the hell is wrong with people...?!

• Those women handled that fool just fine. They didn't need another man to save them.

karastiLincSarahTfederica
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I think we probably don't have enough information to attempt to figure out what else did or didn't happen. Who knows how many men were on the train. Or how many heard what was going on. Who knows the time frame this took place in, over a long period or over a matter of seconds? The guy probably learned more of a lesson this way than he would have having another guy get in his face.

federicalobster
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

I do ask myself what dafuq was the matter with all the male passengers who sat by, did nothing and ignored this...?

Hmmmmmm.

• SarahT
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@vinlyn said:
    I do ask myself what dafuq was the matter with all the male passengers who sat by, did nothing and ignored this...?

They were probably hangin' out their best friend's ride, tryin' to holler at meeeee.

Rowan1980Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@vinlyn said:... Hmmmmmm.

...What...?

• That's the first time I heard that song. I like it. Thanks for turning me on to it.

@karasti said:
    I think we probably don't have enough information to attempt to figure out what else did or didn't happen. Who knows how many men were on the train. Or how many heard what was going on. Who knows the time frame this took place in, over a long period or over a matter of seconds? The guy probably learned more of a lesson this way than he would have having another guy get in his face.

That's very true... and Mrs. Mouth here, would have bitten his head off before anyone else could have done...! :lol:

karastiVastmind
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

That was the PERFECT response, especially when it went contagious with the other women!!

How to best respond to verbal/emotional aggression (which is what cat calling and unwanted hitting-on basically are) is something that will endlessly fascinate me.

Clearly, getting in the person's face with MORE aggression just feeds the fire and opens you up for a loud public altercation. It seems to be our first line response, though, it's instinctual to respond to aggression with aggression. Then it just goes around in a circle and becomes a pissing contest and the biggest Pisser always wins but so what?

It's like these women 'spoke to' the man's metamessage, the meaning and intent behind his words. That's always a good way to trip them up, aggressors are too busy convincing themselves they are 'just joking' and really good guys don't no one any harm, just having a little fun for chrissakes. What these women did was pull his pants down and show his ass, which is a more realistic response to his intent.

This reminds me of the teacher (?) who disarmed a student (?) with a gun pointed at her by walking straight up to him and speaking to his suffering and pain, rather than his aggression. This happened in the last three or four months, it was on the news, an African American lady, she was a folk hero in the news for quite a while. What she did also avoided that instinctual aggression and did the trick in a big way.

Rowan1980
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

I love this!!!! Thanks for posting it!!!

TLC is going on tour this year...lolololol....

I HATE when your getting gas and guys yell..." Can I ride with you"?

Yeah. OK. Sure...you are sooo hot that I will invite a perfect stranger in the car
    with me.....sure.....let's go ....Phewww.... No Way Jose!

The wind is beating my face and its
    cold and I have to wait for the fill up... Arggghhhhh!...