Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Words o' Wisdom

zenguitarzenguitar Bad BuddhistNew England Veteran

Hi Sangha, I thought this "Sweet Dew of Dharma" from Grand Master Wei Chueh elegantly and concisely captures the spirit of Buddhism, at least from a Mahayana (and vegetarian) perspective. So I'm sharing it with you. :smile:

http://buddhagate.org/teachings-2/sweet-dew-of-dharma/

I especially like: “The bodhisattvas dread the cause. Mundane beings dread the retribution.” :fearful:

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited February 2015

@zenguitar said:
    I especially like: “The bodhisattvas dread the cause. Mundane beings dread the retribution.” :fearful:

Why?

Edit: I'll develop. There are many beautiful things mentioned by this master.
    Why would you especially like that sentence?

• zenguitarzenguitar Bad Buddhist New England Veteran

Sorry, I just got to reading this now. I like most everything of what the Master wrote here. But this statement expresses I think a big difference between the mind of a true bodhisattva and a regular being. The true bodhisattva truly sees things as they are, and so refuses to plant the seeds/causes of future suffering, whereas mundane beings are just reacting ignorantly and probably making things worse. Just MHO. :smile:

lobsterSarahT