Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Cricket World Cup

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Anyone following the World Cup down under?

My predictions:

Winner: South Africa

Finalists: South Africa and Australia

Semi Finalists: South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan

Most Runs: AB De Villiers

Most Wickets: Dale Steyn

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I don't understand cricket at ALL, lol. Enjoy the games!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yes... when you're in, you're out, but when you're out, you're in. 147 for 9 not out.

WTF....?

I'm very sad to see the passing of good old fashioned proper Cricket 'whites' by the way.
    Jolly bad form.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@karasti said:
    I don't understand cricket at ALL, lol. Enjoy the games!

It's kinda like baseball but two people bat at once (only one faces the pitcher at a time).

There is also no foul area so you can hit the ball anywhere.

The fielders don't wear gloves.

There is no restrictions in how many balls (pitches) you face.

Pretty simple really =)

@federica said:
    Yes... when you're in, you're out, but when you're out, you're in. 147 for 9 not out.

WTF....?

I'm very sad to see the passing of good old fashioned proper Cricket 'whites' by the way.
    Jolly bad form.

They still wear whites in the five day game @federica - all is not lost ;)

• SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran

Just so happy Afghanistan participated! Yay for the community of cricket. I have many happy memories of scoring for my bf's team at Uni. Whilst they were out in the rain, the groundskeeper and I sat snug in the pavillion. Such a good way to start understanding the game :) Love, love, love the subtlety of it now. Enjoy @Bunks!

Bunks
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Bunks said:
    Anyone following the World Cup down under?

My predictions:

Winner: South Africa

Finalists: South Africa and Australia

Semi Finalists: South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan

Most Runs: AB De Villiers

Most Wickets: Dale Steyn

TRAITOR!!!!!!!! O.o

LOL

I won't tell you my "special" name for Dale Steyn. Let's just say I am no fan of SA and I excel at sledging in sport (I cut my teeth on sledging Collingwood) B)

I daren't ask @dhammachick! Although I have my suspicions what it may be ;)

My tips above are what I like to call a win - win.

If SA win I receive money.

If Australia win I am happy.

Either way I am better off.......

Kundo
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Yep, still don't understand at all. I can barely follow the bizarre rules of baseball without dealing with 2 batters (and one backwards!?) and unlimited batting, lol.

• Must admit I prefer sports with practical side effects
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing

. . . wait, people still buy and wear clothes that need ironing, it's just not cricket . . . maybe it is . . . ;)

As an Englishman @lobster, I would advise you don't follow cricket ;)

KundoSarahT

@Bunks said:
    As an Englishman lobster, I would advise you don't follow cricket ;)

Especially when England are all out for 123 ouchies

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My husband - who is a keen Cricket follower, was banging on this morning about them being crushed, annihilated, destroyed, smashed to smithereens.... I merely replied "Ooops"... which had him laughing....

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Go Kiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzz...is right...... it leaves me catatonically bored......

I don't watch sport either (well apart from the highlights of the Olympics and Commonwealth games), but one can't help hearing the results on the local news.... :)

Yes, indeed. However, whenever I hear cricket results, I actually hear cdkfu vjhaggd nopsfaew nm;pplodgax zedh jjing 45 for 3 not out....

lobster

LBW.... :D

NEI....?

WTF (Wicket Too Far)

NEI - Not Enough Information.

Or -

Not Even Interested.....

• SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran
    edited February 2015

NZ won by 8 wickets ... ouch. 12.2 overs ... hmmmm. Think your advice to @lobster is right @Bunks but us Brits never give up hope!

Has Monserrat Caballe sung yet....? I rest my case....

Kundo

Just in case anyone was wondering (and I know you all were) the result of last night's final is below. Go Aussies! =)

Actually, last time Australia won the world cup (2007) I was sitting in a bar in Manitou Springs, Colorado and made everyone raise their glass with me. The Americans had no idea what they were toasting I'm sure!

CWC.jpg 34.1K
    Vastmindsilver
    edited March 2015

Phew... well as luck would have it, I'm still an Australian citizen (when it suit me ) Woohoo We won! We won! :D

BunksKundo
    I am sure you guys will win the rugby world cup later in the year @Shoshin so then it will be one each!
    Shoshin

It's a win win situation :)

• This is like some high school guys are having fun, and the others don't understand what's going on :)

Kundo

That's EXACTLY what it is....! :D

@federica said:
    That's EXACTLY what it is....! :D

Naaaw it's ok Fede - I'm sure you guys will get there next year B)

I give a f........ :D

Kundo

Well, it IS only cricket hides

@dhammachick said:
    Well, it IS only cricket hides

Wash your mouth out young lady! ;)

Kundo
    edited March 2015

@Bunks said:
    Wash your mouth out young lady! ;)

REAL sport happens next week :D

Sorry guys, hijacking of thread over ;)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited March 2015

Ohhhhh...look at those thighs!!!.... (having a moment)
    Whatever that sport is....I think I'm into it now...lololololol

@Vastmind said:
    Ohhhhh...look at those thighs!!!.... (having a moment)
    Whatever that sport is....I think I'm into it now...lololololol

hehehehe - AFL - Aussie Rules in slang terms - and trust me, seeing those guys run around in those shorts - it certainly does rule ;)

Bunks

@dhammachick said:
    hehehehe - AFL - Aussie Rules in slang terms - and trust me, seeing those guys run around in those shorts - it certainly does rule ;)

I wouldn't know about that but I am looking forward to seeing this bloke tear it up starting on Thursday night - go Blues!!