Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mindfulness Games!

Hi everyone! :)

As a gaming-person + buddhism geek, I decided to, from time to time, especially when the practice is difficult for X reasons, add some gaming into the practice of mindfulness.

Being mindful means being present, and with that generally a good memory comes, right? :) well, so why not some mindful-memory-games? :) those may not be essential in full time practice, but well, it could be fun. Here are the games I play:

1. When I get a vehicle ride in the city - which I know well enough for this game - I close my eyes and try to keep aware where we are at. It keeps me mindful of the location (even if not visually) and, because my eyes ars closed, mindful of physical (wind, sitting on the seat) and spacial sensations (i am aware I am like 50cm above the floor, etc)

2. When I was showering, there were multiple shampoos and conditioners. I decided to look at them and try to remember their color + weight. You can add other objects and stuff like their name, shape, etc!

Do you guys have any other ideas for mindfulness games?? :)

Bye!

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"Mindfulness Games!"

Just as when we learnt to think and have never stopped thinking since...We are forever playing mind full games...Just being mindful of this fact and one will have all the mindfulness games one can handle...

BTW just sitting and or walking meditating is the most rewarding mindfulness game....

howdantepwVastmind
  • adeleadele Blackpool Rocks! Explorer

I do it with food - try to identify the individual flavours that make it up eg - garlic, oregano, meat etc or identify the different textures. It does make you eat more mindfully as you are then are totally focused on the food.

dantepwHamsaka
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@dantepw

Do you guys have any other ideas for mindfulness games??

By approaching mindfulness as mind full ness.
    Not a honing of the micro but as an exploration into the macro.

The purpose of the game is to illuminate what our conditioning obscures from consciousness rather than endlessly circling within what our conditioning permits.

dantepw
  • Beautifully said, @how ! I do agree with that! :)

And that is a great game, @adele ! I ought to give it a go sometime! :)
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran

What is going on in THIS moment? The quality of light, sounds that reach your ears, the constant flow of thoughts/emotions .. etc.

dantepw