Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

House of Cards watchers.....

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited March 2015 in Arts & Writings

Buddhist-art enthusiasts, take note: episode 6 of the new season of Netflix’s House of Cards includes a beautiful depiction of Tibetan monks creating and destroying an intricate sand mandala in the White House. We won’t share any spoilers, other than to say that the mandala serves as a metaphor for impermanence, as explored in the episode.

There's a clip to watch on this page.....

http://www.lionsroar.com/watch-tibetan-monks-make-sand-mandala-house-cards/

Comments

• 33_333_3 Veteran

Quite a bit of attention was given to their presence on HOC via various articles on the web. I feel there is more to it than the producers keeping in line with current white house events such as The Dahli Lama's recent visit with Obama. Have to wait until the next season however-

• mockeymindmockeymind Veteran
    edited March 2015

I heard that the DL was rejected a private audience with the Pope Francis? Is it true? Maybe the vatican is playing safe in relation with China. Bad karma then. BTW the House of Cards maybe good to watch though as I see so much "Self" on the main character.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

@33_3 said:
    Quite a bit of attention was given to their presence on HOC via various articles on the web. I feel there is more to it than the producers keeping in line with current white house events such as The Dahli Lama's recent visit with Obama. Have to wait until the next season however-

Not everyone is into politics....but I can hang in some conversations....Can you give an example of the 'articles'....links?

I'm not one to think TV/online producers have much clout when it comes to DC...I'm open though....let me see what your talking about...

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

Pussy Riot makes a cameo, as well. One of the better shows out there at the moment.