Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what makes you happy?

Either spiritually, physically or emotionally, what makes you feel joy and smile? :)

Comments

• Making other people laugh or smile... there's a connection, and the benefits are mutual.

dantepw
  • A warm smile and happy eyes of a cashier. A neighbour who wants to talk with me awhile. To see my sons.

dantepwHamsaka
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Why do you have an apostrophe after the word "either"?

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@dantepw said:> Either spiritually, physically or emotionally, what makes you feel joy and smile?

Having a giggle with friends is always nice. Another thing is big waves breaking!

• Hahahaha @federica ! Thank you for that, I had no clue! :)

Well, what makes me happy is either receiving or giving kindness :) and puppies! and mindfulness!

federicaEarthninja
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I love animals, mostly horses, dogs n cats - something about them is special, and my heart swells to see and interact with them - sounds kuckoo to say that - oh, birds, too...what can I say - there's always been a special place in my heart for them.

dantepwEliz
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    What makes me happy? Absolutely everything!
    Bunksdantepw
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@vinlyn said:
    Why do you have an apostrophe after the word "either"?

Typo. Thanks, corrected! ;)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Playing with my kids (up to a point).
    A date with my wife (very rare these days!)
    Meditating.
    Watching my favourite sports.
    Going to my local buddhist centre.

EarthninjadantepwBuddhadragon
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Date night, yes! We go on date night every 2 weeks (we have free, built in baby sitters though too) and tonight is date night. Cannot wait. It's lovely out yet, so we will have our dinner and go for a walk on the glare ice sidewalks in town, lol.

What makes me happy...watching my children develop into their own people (even if they develop in ways I would choose, lol) and go through life, having new experiences. It's fascinating to hear their take on the world and so on.

The sun. I love the sun. Being in the sun makes me happy, even if I am indoors. I totally understand why cats and dogs bask in the sun. I would too if my children wouldn't step on me.

silverEarthninjaBunksdantepw
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Living vicariously through my daughter as she takes her first steps and explores things for the first time.
    Bunksdantepw
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"what makes you happy?"

I do......

Earthninja
  • the time when the sun is going down. also eating.

Eliz
  • Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    edited March 2015
    Kitties! :love: If you ever want to see me gibber like a ridiculous person, kitten and cat pictures are my true weakness. (I will also accept puppies, mice, rats, bats...)
    Jeffreysilverdantepw
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    @Shoshin well said, :) I think that was worth mentioning because people over look that fact.

We think there's external things that make us happy but it's not true. We simply put a condition on our happiness. When that condition is met we are happy.

All the while not realising WE create happiness. Not anything else.
    Shoshinlobsterdantepw
    edited March 2015

@Earthninja said:
    Shoshin well said, I think that was worth mentioning because people over look that fact.

We think there's external things that make us happy but it's not true. We simply put a condition on our happiness. When that condition is met we are happy.

All the while not realising WE create happiness. Not anything else.

The DL once said "The purpose of life (once all the basic needs are met, such as food shelter clean water etc) is the pursuit of Happiness!"

And as you have already mentioned we make our selves "Happy" along with "Sad" "Angry" "Calm" "Frustrated" etc etc... No one else can "make" us...But we do like to blame others.... :D

The choice is entirely up to us and how we 'chose' to interpret/attach to situations as they arise...

Earthninjaboobysattva
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

Reading suttas makes me happy.

BunksRowan1980dantepwBuddhadragon
  • @dantepw said:
    Either spiritually, physically or emotionally, what makes you feel joy and smile?

Nothing makes me,
    I am a volunteer. B)

ShoshinRowan1980Nirvana

@lobster said:> I am a volunteer. B)

Ve haf vays of making you enjoy yourself..... ;)

lobstersilverJeffreyRowan1980
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

@lobster said:
    Nothing makes me,
    I am a volunteer. B)

Wonderful! However, in a few words today whilst purchasing a lottery ticket with no add-ons, I overheard myself telling the cashier (when she suggested I'd be happy just to win a million dollars) that I'd be happy just to get my change back. Then I added that it was my job to be happy.

I think that that's essentially true. It is our job to be content and to enjoy the delights already around us.

lobster
  • Then I added that it was my job to be happy.

No pay, no prospects, no interviews, no boss. My sort of company . . .
    https://www.impossible.com

• Taking the motorcycle out for a ride... it's therapy.

It gets me away from the computer, TV, conversing with others and other daily distractions, and allows me to focus on just a few "feel good" inputs; such as the wind in my face, observing the surroundings, while hearing and feeling the comfortable hum of the engine.

NirvanadantepwRowan1980
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Is it obligatory by law to wear a motorcycle helmet in your Sate? If not, do you do so anyway...?

• @federica said:
    Is it obligatory by law to wear a motorcycle helmet in your Sate? If not, do you do so anyway...?

Helmets are mandatory in my state... and I probably would wear one anyways due to my wiser age and caring/nagging wife. In my younger/dumber days I often did not wear a helmet.

I only wear a half helmet though, leaving the face open, so I'm not as careful as I should be... I just enjoy feeling the wind and catching smells, sounds and such.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@Telly03 said:
    Taking the motorcycle out for a ride... it's therapy.

It gets me away from the computer, TV, conversing with others and other daily distractions, and allows me to focus on just a few "feel good" inputs; such as the wind in my face, observing the surroundings, while hearing and feeling the comfortable hum of the engine.

Lately, I've toyed with the idea more than usual, that I'd like to learn to ride a motorcycle proper and get my license...and I have no family to tell me I'm crazy and that I'll kill myself on it. Hmm....

PöljäTelly03dantepw
  • robotrobot Veteran

@silver said:
    Lately, I've toyed with the idea more than usual, that I'd like to learn to ride a motorcycle proper and get my license...and I have no family to tell me I'm crazy and that I'll kill myself on it. Hmm....

No need to be killed. Take lessons. Ride where there is less traffic and watch every car like they don't see you.
    Two of my female cousins are motorcyclists with large displacement cruisers. My brother and I are into the sportier bikes. Also, I have ridden many thousands of kilometres in Asia on automatic scooters, which are awesome. Great fun!

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

@Telly03 said:
    Taking the motorcycle out for a ride... it's therapy.

I thought this thread was about what made us happy. Exhilaration is quite another thing!

There is nothing in the world like riding a motorcycle along the byways of one's hauntings! Worth dying for certainly!

• Telly03Telly03 Veteran
    edited March 2015

Indeed

"What makes you happy ?"

Just being....

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

Sailing...

lobsterTelly03
  • @rohit I loved your quote, very beautiful, thank you for sharing!
    rohit
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2015

Every day is happiness day for some. Gonna download my happiness pack . . .
    http://www.actionforhappiness.org

yesterday this road closure sign made me happy

PöljäTelly03dantepwRowan1980

@Nirvana said:> There is nothing in the world like riding a motorcycle along the byways of one's hauntings! Worth dying for certainly!

Yes, there is nothing quite like accelerating out of a long bend in the road.

• Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    Corgis.
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Sleeping in makes me happy. So does not having to put makeup on.

So does food.

I'm kind of easy to please.

And this beautiful girl makes me happy too

And the Doctor - I <3 The Doctor

lobsterDairyLamaTelly03silver