Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Amusing.
    I await the avalanche of compliments or diatribe....

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited March 2015

A friend of mine ran the local university hyperbolic chamber for many years. It was used for divers having the bends and some specialized healing situations.
    It is **not **new!
    Their chamber could hold a number of people but had to be used very carefully for a number of medical reasons...One of which is that higher levels of oxygen can actually be corrosive on the body.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2015

@how, er....

No, he ran the HyperbARIC chamber.

"Hyperbole' (pronounced Hi-per-bolly) is a figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect. And the linked article is absolutely chock-a-block with them...

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited March 2015

@federica.
    Thanks for the save again

But didn't you think that "hyperbolic" better described their ad?

Not that this means I can actually spell worth a sh-t.

• Oops! I just now notice my misspelling in the thread title. Aw well.

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

That had to have been the most hilarious, riotous, and thigh-slappingest excuse for a scientific time and money wasting piece of nothing whatsoever I have known the leg-pulling Onion to have ever published in their illustrious history of parody I've ever seen.

• Well done @Hamsaka

Hamsaka

@thegoldeneternity said:
    Oops! I just now notice my misspelling in the thread title. Aw well.

Done.
    That's my purpose in life. To put the glaring mistakes, faux-pas and disastrous errors of others, right.

(That was a joke. But I'm here to help. :)<3 )

thegoldeneternity