Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zen website and Koans

JohnMacJohnMac DrScotland Veteran

I hope this is the right place to put this, I found a very helpful website

http://www.heartofmeditation.com/index.html

Which has a link to several free e books, which I have downloaded and I am presently reading.

lobsterEarthninjaNichy

Comments

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    Cool thanks, I've never heard of a website with one line answers to koans.

The answers do make a lot if sense. I'll have a look at the website.
  • JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran

The e books are very good

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

The Great God Google will cough up numerous sites promising "koans and their answers." Imagining koans have an "answer" is a major mistake for anyone who takes practice seriously. You can't bullshit the universe.

lobsterEarthninjaZenshin
  • NerimaNerima Veteran

Interesting stuff there. Thanks

• JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran

@genkaku said:
    The Great God Google will cough up numerous sites promising "koans and their answers." Imagining koans have an "answer" is a major mistake for anyone who takes practice seriously. You can't bullshit the universe.

Just a starting point, I thought. Maybe not.

• @JohnMac said:
    ... I thought. Maybe not.

Sounds like a plan ...

The site is wonderful. Anything with comic heroes is comprehensible for me . . .

Eliz
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

@genkaku said:

Ha! My teacher once said "I could tell you all the answers to all the koans, but that still won't help you answer them!"

LOL

ZenshinlobsterCinorjerVastmind