Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Devas

Hello all! I went to see my teacher two days ago and he taught my friend and I about Devas. He listed the characteristics of a person who the Devas will speak to/appear to, and spoke about them for a while, and then looked at me, grinned, and said "you are lucky. Congratulations." They have been present in my life since I found the path, and while I always sort of knew it was them, I was never quite sure. It was wonderful to have this confirmed by a master (whom I told none of this to - he simply knew).

I am hoping to find more information on Devas. I've been searching for information online but most of what I'm finding doesn't seem to come from a very credible source. I'd like to know more about them and why they choose to come into my life. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it very much! Thank you!

Earthninja

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@upinthecurrent said:
    I am hoping to find more information on Devas. I've been searching for information online but most of what I'm finding doesn't seem to come from a very credible source.

Hello welcome to you and your Devas <3

What sort of thing are you wanting to hear?

Credible?

upinthecurrent
  • NamadaNamada Veteran

Hei Hei!

Intresting, sorry but I dont know much about Devas,but how do you know they are present in your life?

I have heard Devas are like ghost but with only good qualities and with good energy :)

I think I have heard this from Chan master Sheng Yen.

Earthninjaupinthecurrent
  • I will sometimes hear them. Not as something disembodied that sounds like it comes from outside of me, but as a voice from within. It is a strong, clear voice and I am given guidance when faced with decisions (and sometimes during seemingly small events). For example, I was told to quit my job many times because it was stalling me spiritually. When I did not for rational reasons, the voice grew clearer. This happens to me often. I know some people see them, but I've never seen anything. This is what I found on Wikipedia:

"Devas are invisible to the human eye. The presence of a deva can be detected by those humans who have opened the divyacakṣus (Pāli: dibbacakkhu),(Chinese: 天眼) an extrasensory power by which one can see beings from other planes. Their voices can also be heard by those who have cultivated divyaśrotra, a similar power of the ear."

Yes, that source is credible! Thank you!

anatamanEarthninja
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Was your friend lucky too?
    Vastmind
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

@upinthecurrent said:
    I will sometimes hear them. Not as something disembodied that sounds like it comes from outside of me, but as a voice from within. It is a strong, clear voice and I am given guidance when faced with decisions (and sometimes during seemingly small events). For example, I was told to quit my job many times because it was stalling me spiritually. When I did not for rational reasons, the voice grew clearer.

Always trust your own judgement and make your own decisions. No matter who gives you advice.

Noone, not even Devas can predict the future. And they are not above the karma laws. They are beings like us a little bit up the Karma ladder.

Sometimes there can be a solution to the problem that they can not see. So choose your own path.

Above all do good, avoid all evil and cultivate your mind nomatter what Devas give you what advice.

/Victor

• He was speaking to me regarding this, and she told me later that she got a little jealous, but he spoke to her about other things!

I understand that Devas are not above Karmic laws. But the advice they have given has been nothing but helpful and has been in line with my own heart. I simply need a push sometimes!

VictoriouslobsterEarthninja
  • These links are exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I scrolled right past them before, haha.

VastmindEarthninja
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

@upinthecurrent said:
    I understand that Devas are not above Karmic laws. But the advice they have given has been nothing but helpful and has been in line with my own heart. I simply need a push sometimes!

Oki then. :)