Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Slideshow Altar

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited May 2015 in Meditation

A slideshow facility for images should be available on your computer, smartphone, tablet or browser. For example the Ipad has a wonderful ripple and origami facility in its built in slide show.

This can be the basis for a practice:

• creating images or selecting images MINDFULLY
  • watching and being inspired by the images
  • even text can be added (mantras can be saved as snapshot images)
  • sharing the cyber altar ...
  • it can be used as a devotional precursor to meditation as Spiny suggests below ...

This gives you an idea/taster, 36 seconds long
http://replayapp.com/v/sURrbPkIBD/

A simple shrine with candles and messages can be set up. Here the heretical YinYana have one of their digital homes
http://nshrine.com/shrine/yinyana

OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA

VastmindBuddhadragonBunks

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Can we watch these instead of meditating then? ;)

lobster
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran

I have one of those digital picture frames and I've been wondering what to do with it.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Digital pic frame, good plan.
    I have used a variety of laptops, olde clunkers, net books etc as part of my shrines some of which you can see in the visual part of the below. The major part of this is auditory. Allowing you to use your phone as a 'Buddha box' mini shrine B)

Buddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I love both clips.
    Still, when it comes to altars and shrines, I guess I'm a bit more conservative.
    I already meditate and chant mantras using apps, but I guess that's the farthest I'll go media-wise.

Otherwise I'll begin to think that I'm a virtual contraption who swallowed the red pill... or was it the blue pill? :(
    It's hard enough to digest that I'm an impermanent, skandhic no-self...

lobster