Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Validity or otherwise of online Empowerments

JohnMacJohnMac DrScotland Veteran

Dear Friends, I would be interested to hear your views on the use of online Empowerments. In particular, I watched an online empowerment for Dorje Sempa. I followed along, did the repetitions and felt as though I was there! My question is this, given that some of us live in very isolated areas and are unable to attend events in person, is such a method valid and of any use? My own view is that it is, especially nowadays in the Internet era!

sova

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

It is perfectly valid. You miss the presence of the power holder BUT you will connect to the power because of your resolve and practice.

Practice diligently as if empowered. Job done. <3

JohnMacZenshinTheswingisyellow
  • JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran

Great! Thanks both. That's what I thought. Onward!!

DavidEarthninja
  • adeleadele Blackpool Rocks! Explorer

You can also take refuge and the precepts with the monastery Ajahn Brahm is abbot of in Australia online. Ajahn Brahm then accepts it. I have done this and am now able to participate in tomorrows Vesak day with the monastery via a live feed.

JohnMaclobster
  • JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran

Thanks Adele, that's interesting, I'll have a look. Enjoy Vesak!

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

"The blessings of the lineage are always available, they are like the snow caps on the mountains. When the sun of your devotion shines brightly, the snow melts and blessings rain forth."

(to paraphrase)

sincerity and genuine interest are the key ingredients =)

lobster
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited June 2015

Who can say?
    And who can say what role our Belief has in what happens?

Strange things happen that are difficult to explain, but we cannot know why they happen.