Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Young Jack to Neil deGrasse Tyson: What's the Meaning of Life?

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Just a little something to chew on ... :smiley:

lobsterShoshinWalker

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Thanks @Vastmind ....The meaning of life is to learn and to learn is to live....Beginner's mind ... Brilliant <3

Vastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Wonderful. <3

Great question. Wonderful answer.

How would others answer an almost seven year old?

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@lobster said:
    Wonderful. <3

Great question. Wonderful answer.

He nailed it. I've always said meaning is made and not found.

I can't wait til my daughter starts asking why.

lobster
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

@ourself said " I can't wait til my daughter starts asking why."

Bite your tongue, Mister! hahahaha. One day soon, she'll decide to ask you every question she ever thought of...."Daddy, why does that Lady wear red?...Daddy, why are we in line? Daddy, how do spiders jump? Daddy, why does hair grow out of your ear? Daddy, why do I have toes? Daddy....are you listening to me?"

WalkerDavidlobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited July 2015

@Vastmind said:
    ourself said " I can't wait til my daughter starts asking why."

Bite your tongue, Mister! hahahaha. One day soon, she'll decide to ask you every question she ever thought of...."Daddy, why does that Lady wear red?...Daddy, why are we in line? Daddy, how do spiders jump? Daddy, why does hair grow out of your ear? Daddy, why do I have toes? Daddy....are you listening to me?"

That's a good thing I think. If I'm mindful there's a lot of fun to be had and if not then I'm the one getting the lesson.

I think I'm going to try a game where if we are out and a question comes up that I can't (or won't) answer, it goes on the evening search list.

Vastmind
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran

My sons don't ask anymore. On the contrary, they try to civilise me. A few days ago one of them gave me Peter Bagge's comics to read. A bit hard to read because they are in English, but anyways... interesting.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited July 2015

@lobster said:

"I don't know dear, ask your father" :lol:

WalkerVastmind