Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What is the pulsating sensation during meditation ?

Hi to all !
I am new to this forum.

I'd like to have as many feedback as possible from all of you who have been practicing meditation.

I have been practicing meditation twice daily since one month now, been meditated before but not regulary. Apart from many hidden feelings and thoughts that are surfacing which are giving me tears and a 'hard time', i have been noticing the last two days a pulsation sensation like a strong beating...that starts at the heart chakra with each inhalation and ends at the solar plexus (navel area) chakra with each exhalation. I put my finger on my navel , there i felt the pulsation to strongly...like my navel was going up and down with a very high intesity.

What does this mean?
Thanks
ilda

Earthninjammo

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Hiya @ilda. I think it just means that you're paying attention to sensations and stuff that you never did pay attention to before. It feels a little too quiet at first and odd things will pop up like that. <3

ShoshinkarastiVastmind
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Welcome @ilda. Hope you find something useful here.

Whatever the sensation, if it poses no risk to you or anyone else, then forget about the "meaning" and keep practicing. In this way, things dissolve all by themselves.

Best wishes.

Earthninja
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi @ilda - welcome!

I can relate to starting to feel certain sensations during meditation. I went through a period a couple of years ago where I would get this buzzing in my head (around the temples) during meditation.

It has since gone away.

Good 'ol impermanence hey......

lobstermmo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@ilda said:
    I have been practicing meditation twice daily since one month now,

Hi :)
    What sort of meditation?

Earthninja
  • Thanks for this, i have had similar physical things pop up like new.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Fwiw, yesterday was driving... stopped at the signal to turn left, I kept feeling my van moving just side-to-side gently and wondered if we were having an itty-bitty earthquake and it took me some moments to realize it was just the usual movement that happens when another car drives by fairly fast. It's like now that my practice of mindfulness has been ongoing for a few months, I seem far more aware of little things like that, that I just never took notice of before....I find it weird, but reassuring! :awesome:

DavidVastmind
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Oh, the things we take for granted when we are unaware.

I love it when something like this happens. It feels so surreal until it turns out to be just mindfulness.

Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Hi there! Welcome to our Sangha group. I hope to see you around.... :smiley:

• Steve_BSteve_B Veteran
    edited July 2015

An anechoic chamber is a room so thoroughly soundproofed that sitting in one allows a volunteer to start hearing sounds the body makes, not just heart and lungs, but digestion, blood flow throughout the body, etc. When the sounds of the world are eliminated, researchers were surprised to discover how much "internal" sound there actually is.

In the same way, meditation is allowing you to mentally exclude the sensations of the world, by building a virtual anechoic foam lining around your private universe. You now notice internal sensations that were always there, but obscured by the rest of the world.

I think it means you are good at meditating.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My tinnitus would go through the roof....

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Yes, tinnitus is annoying, I really don't want to be mindful of it. ;)

• Steve_BSteve_B Veteran

Tin roof?

Cat on a hot one?

• mmommo Veteran

is that 'buzzing in ears' a health issue? Tinnitus? O.o I also get that. I thought I am hearing really subtle sounds as I am improving.

@mmo said:> is that 'buzzing in ears' a health issue? Tinnitus?

It can be though it's often age-related. I think I got mine from being a machine-gunner, which is like standing next to a road drill. ;)

• mmommo Veteran

@SpinyNorman, I used to listen to loud music with earphone when I was teenager. May be those habits are catching up with me.

@mmo said:> SpinyNorman, I used to listen to loud music with earphone when I was teenager. May be those habits are catching up with me.

Yes, I think that's quite a common cause.