Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Update on Thay's Recovery-- July 14

Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
edited July 2015 in Buddhism Today

Thay is in the US as of 4 days ago. He is at UCSF (University of California-- San Francisco) Medical Center undergoing a rigorous recovery program. Note the link for donations near the end of this report. Link below:

http://plumvillage.org/news/an-update-on-thays-health-14th-july-2015/

ZenshinWalkerSpoogleVastmindHamsakalobstersilvermmo

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Eh ma ho. How wonderful. [quick dance!]

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

I've worked on a stroke rehab unit before. It's amazing how much one can recover with even a month of strict rehabilitation. I'm very optimistic about Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh, as he already has lots of practice training his mind and overcoming obstacles.

lobstermmoStraight_Man
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

And I think ^that^ qualifies as the year's understatement.... :D

Invincible_summer
  • Good news! It appears that Ven is in good hands. With a good team, it's amazing what can be regained. At the VA, I've witnessed some of the process and progress. The mind is key - all else follows.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

From what I hear....Magnolia Grove has a new statue of Thay and MLK jr....can't Wait to go see it!!!!! Cedrick said pics are up on Facebook.